Here Come 30 Year Mortgages

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can use RRSP's as a down payment, although you have 15 years to re-deposit that amount into your RRSP or pay tax on that amount. I used mine when we bought our house.

There's some kind of first time homebuyers savings account now, but I'm not sure on the particulars.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll never go more than my 25, got 14 years left….. unless things turn around and go back to normal in which case I’ll move to an acreage and start over at 25 lol. But I don’t see that happening for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same, I was thinking of moving to WCT to be closer to work with less travel, but I can’t bring myself to get into a new mortgage when I am at 1.6%. I will stay put, but I would love to be on a acerage.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Same, I was thinking of moving to WCT to be closer to work with less travel, but I can’t bring myself to get into a new mortgage when I am at 1.6%. I will stay put, but I would love to be on a acerage.
Hopefully you have a long term on that 1.6% and don't have to renew for a bit.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most mortgages are portable to a new property, I am currently doing that to keep my last 3 years of 2.09%, RBC allows 120 days between closing dates.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most mortgages are portable to a new property, I am currently doing that to keep my last 3 years of 2.09%, RBC allows 120 days between closing dates.
Yep you bet, I currently like the look of my balance owing at the moment. The real estate market is not doing so hot, especially with all of the recent homes put up forsale around in the area lately.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work with countless people that make $300,000 a year that live paycheck to paycheck.......if they just suffered or saved for 3 years they could've bought a really decent house with cash.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work with countless people that make $300,000 a year that live paycheck to paycheck.......if they just suffered or saved for 3 years they could've bought a really decent house with cash.
As do I. And had to consolidate. They have the newest truck and sports car and camper trailer and acreage. In their mid to late 50s. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd like to be done work by then

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some people are spenders and some are savers. I prefer the perfect mix of both so an early retirement is an option.
I’m in the middle of that. I’m not great at spending and I’m not great at saving, but if I want something car truck house whatever I need to finance it. Because I don’t have the discipline to save $80,000.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I’m in the middle of that. I’m not great at spending and I’m not great at saving, but if I want something car truck house whatever I need to finance it. Because I don’t have the discipline to save $80,000.
same here. we do ok but unfortunately saving is not mine or the GF's strong point

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom