Calgary snowmobile show

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At $15000 a booth won't be long till the Edmonton show is done too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
At $15000 a booth won't be long till the Edmonton show is done too.

There are a lot of booths that are way less than that. Here is the scoop:

Early Booking Space Rates
100 - 500sq/ft...................$8.00 sqft
501-1000sq/ft....................$7.25 sqft
Bulk Rate 1001+sq/ft..........$6.25 sqft

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the logistics with the numbers of sledders that have access to Edmonton is so much higher than it is in Calgary. All of northern Alberta (and there are a lot more sledders in northern Alberta than southern Alberta), a big portion of northern BC, and a large percentage of Saskatchewan riders make the trip. Huge numbers and Calgary just didn't get the support.

It is a great show and let's show our support!

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have long said make it red deer. But then which big dealers do the manufacturers send? Martin vs Bow, Cycleworks vs umm? Okay maybe not a big deal. Lol.

Sure save me driving up that far. And yes it's all about me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have long said make it red deer. But then which big dealers do the manufacturers send? Martin vs Bow, Cycleworks vs umm? Okay maybe not a big deal. Lol.

Sure save me driving up that far. And yes it's all about me

2.5 to 3 hours sure is a long drive for you guys eh?

Get off your wallets, spend some coin, and show them that you are interested in supporting the venue as it is now. Sure be a bugger if they cancelled Edmonton and you had to drive to Saskatoon.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something needs to change in the industry. Prices for shows like the Snow Show in Edmonton and the Calgary Bike or Boat Shows are so expensive. I shake my head when I see a $20,000 bill for a booth at the Boat show. And that doesn't include wages and moving costs. Thats a lot of Sea Doo's to sell to recoup that kind of cash. And Martins comes down and buys up almost a complete hall! Mind you they bring only high end boats but the coin they spend for booth space and moving, detailing crews is incredible. Back in the day when Calgary had their shows in Chestermere and Bragg Creek we used to come out with some coin in our hands as booth rentals was reasonable. Those days are gone and the majority of the stores out there just can't justify the costs especially in this recessive climate.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of booths that are way less than that. Here is the scoop:

Early Booking Space Rates
100 - 500sq/ft...................$8.00 sqft
501-1000sq/ft....................$7.25 sqft
Bulk Rate 1001+sq/ft..........$6.25 sqft

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the logistics with the numbers of sledders that have access to Edmonton is so much higher than it is in Calgary. All of northern Alberta (and there are a lot more sledders in northern Alberta than southern Alberta), a big portion of northern BC, and a large percentage of Saskatchewan riders make the trip. Huge numbers and Calgary just didn't get the support.

It is a great show and let's show our support!
Not disputing how good a show it is. Are those last years numbers? I was told there was a big jump in a price of a booth this year. Just saying there is a limit to what vendors can pay for a booth.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I agree with you. Those are 2016 prices (I don't know what the previous year's prices were) from ASPS's website. So the guys that have the big spaces are paying lots. I don't think Martin's is loosing money or they wouldn't be doing it. The rest of the vendors just have to weigh the economics. The mini donut booth doesn't loose money or they wouldn't be coming back year after year................just saying.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Edmonton show is smaller this year I've been told.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to bash Martins but there booth is boring. I go to show to see mountain magic , Chrisco at Parkland Motorsports, the stuff from Boost it, CMX , teth- air and any other mod shop doing cool stuff. The small guys of the industry doing really cool builds. When they stop going I will stop going. I can buy donuts at Tim Hortons.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There are a lot of people who are simply running stock sleds and just looking for deals on necessities with a bag of mini donuts in hand. Myself, I have a good look at everything just for the interest sake and not with the intention of buying a lot of add ons. To each their own, eh!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard a few of the smaller guys won't be there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There are a lot of people who are simply running stock sleds and just looking for deals on necessities with a bag of mini donuts in hand. Myself, I have a good look at everything just for the interest sake and not with the intention of buying a lot of add ons. To each their own, eh!

you're just there to torment the masses..... old guy slowly sauntering down the aisles holding up line ups, shaking your cane at the "young whipper snappers" ;)

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is by far the single largest fundraiser for the ASA every year so is going to a great cause such as trail development in Alberta, interaction with government agencies on behalf of snowmobilers in Alberta, trail maps, support for local Alberta Snowmobile clubs, etc. If the price to vendors has gone up this year likely due to an increase in costs for the ASA to run the show as Chris is too smart to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Remember when you are at the show if you are from Alberta purchase an ASA membership if you do not already have one. They do not make a lot of money off memberships but the more members in any association the stronger the lobby.

Top Bottom