cadomin

hockk

Reaction score
planning a trip to cadomin next year. looking for info on camping, biking, quadding in the area. not familiar with the area at all.

Landrew

Reaction score
I go twice or more a year on bike and then on a quad with the kids. Since there is a while to go until next summer I can get some info when not to busy in the next little while.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Went there with a couple of good buddies and there ol'ladies. It sure was a blast, Long ass ride from stoon tho, But in my mind, F*&^%ing awsum. I had the most fun riding out there, I think we camped by an old gravel pit,
Thanx again Clint, Dustin,Kody and their better halves.(wives)

U will not be sorry, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d

sickcat05

Reaction score
its some sweet riding you have to search for the mud if you want it but other than that awesome good for biking,quading nice groomed trails campings good if you go before the weekend cause it can get a little packed lol

hockk

Reaction score
camping..is that campground or random? any advise as to where to ride? or just point uphill and crack 'er open? lol..

and sorry i haven't ridden kakwa area

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when did you want to do cadomin hock, like may long or just some random long weekend?

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a few buddies are thinkin of goin to cadomin for maylong. None of us have been there before we all ride quads and were wondering were is a good place to set up camp. Random camping would be prefered but anything will do, if anyone could let me know where to go around there i'd really apreciate it.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all random camping...lots of space..there is even a old abandoned campground you can use too...but most people camp a few miles back by the river..
good ride to go see the falls...thats the best one...alot of the trails are closed as there owned by the coal mine now....but you can ride for a good 3 or 4 days and not do the same trails

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all random camping...lots of space..there is even a old abandoned campground you can use too...but most people camp a few miles back by the river..
good ride to go see the falls...thats the best one...alot of the trails are closed as there owned by the coal mine now....but you can ride for a good 3 or 4 days and not do the same trails
Glade runner I have never been and we haul atoyhauler...let me know if your ever going there and we can hook up for a tour.........the wife is not that experienced with quadding but we would love to come out there......

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try googling Merco thats where the Green Bridge is,the green bridge is over the Macleod River.Five kilometres west of Edson on Highway 16 Head South from the UFA towards Robb,approx 60 kilometres there will be a 90 degree corner and it will turn in to gravel,Go about 1.5 kilometres past this corner turn right towards cadomin and follow the road till you cross a green bridge and pick your campspot.You wont be disapointed!
catmando!
Its all Random!

Attachments

• P6130077.jpg
    P6130077.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try googling Merco thats where the Green Bridge is,the green bridge is over the Macleod River.Five kilometres west of Edson on Highway 16 Head South from the UFA towards Robb,approx 60 kilometres there will be a 90 degree corner and it will turn in to gravel,Go about 1.5 kilometres past this corner turn right towards cadomin and follow the road till you cross a green bridge and pick your campspot.You wont be disapointed!
catmando!

hell if i can make heads or tails out of these directions on back country road map...haha...really good quadding there?

Last edited by a moderator:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hell if i can make heads or tails out of these directions on back country road map...haha...really good quadding there?

Re-Did it for ya,a little easier to understand LOL!
catmando!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to make trips there for dirtbiking a few times a yr!! bring a spare tire for the shredded one from the shale rock ;) haha

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!
Its all Random!

:eek: Maybe try googling Mercoal :d

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We are going to this spot again this May long, will be camping just past the green bridge on the left side in an open area. If you want you can seek us out( be forewarned we do not party late or loud, are a very quiet old bunch) but do love to put the miles on and are all experienced responsible riders(HELMETS). If you want to follow us out on the trail seek us out.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How hilly is the mercoal area is it like the bighorn area or bigger hills or flatter?

Top Bottom