Cadomin / Ruby area

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
Looking to hit up Cadomin area this May Long. Anyone been up there lately? Still lots of snow? Also if anyone knows of any good trails or areas to ride would be great. have not been up there in a few years.
Thanks

Landrew

Reaction score
Looking to hit up Cadomin area this May Long. Anyone been up there lately? Still lots of snow? Also if anyone knows of any good trails or areas to ride would be great. have not been up there in a few years.
Thanks

Even in at the end of June there is snow. Cadomin is usually best done in July-October. Every year we go up multiple times and in June we find snow and high water crossings. Not so bad for atv's though. May long will definately be atv only.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The area is iffy for the May Long. Three feet on snow on the PR road at 81 this past Saturady. Higher areas will have snow well into June.

If it's been quite a few years, the area around Mountain Park has drastically changed due to mining activity.

Check the kiosk in the area as many trails are closed until July or closed permantely.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
thanks guys.. yeah the last time we were there most of the trails we were on ran in to "CLOSED TRAIL" signs.. but it will be good to get away from the city for awhile non-the-less :)

Cowboy151

Reaction score
Is this area mainly trails or does the area open up somewhat? My crew run bikes thus any info would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know some coordinates to check out on google earth? Cheers:cool:

Landrew

Reaction score
I mainly ride bikes as well. There are some good trails for bikes, it is one of my favorite areas to go

Picture011-1.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

DSCN8184.jpg

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
are those pics recent? Have heard snow sticks around for a while and heard the opposite also. Getting pumped for the first big trip tho.

Landrew

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to go there too right away you really need to wait until July and later if you want to go everywhere. Not fun driving 7 hours to get stopped by crazy rivers and deep snow. There will be snow and high water levels for a long time still. Actually August and September are the best times. You need 2 full days to get to everything in the area - Box Canyon, Cadomin Mtn., Toma, Ruby Falls and more, and even then you need to be hauling fast and don't get to rest much if you want to get it all in. - Man I love that area of the world!

Landrew

Reaction score
Picture006-2.jpg

Cardinal Falls on the way to Box Canyon Falls. Funny thing I went with my son in the fall and lost his CRF70 key so I had to hot wire the bike. The next year we went with the guys and on the sign that someone made for Cardinal falls was his key hung there. Off-Roaders are good people!

DSCN8180.jpg

Near the falls. Take a 3rd gear run at it, downshift to 2nd gear near the top.

Top Bottom