Buying 08 Summit

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see one useful post from this d**k.

dont worry about kev (aka lhf). he's had a hard on for ted at terra alps for years. had to do with kev thinking ted was sexy and ted telling him he wasnt his type. that and ted saying lhf sled was fugly! you be the judge. is lhf sled fugly?

lhf20wedge.jpg

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont worry about kev (aka lhf). he's had a hard on for ted at terra alps for years. had to do with kev thinking ted was sexy and ted telling him he wasnt his type. that and ted saying lhf sled was fugly! you be the judge. is lhf sled fugly?

lhf20wedge.jpg

Why do you keep a picture of my sled on your computer? I can only imagine what you do at night when nobody is home.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i added a terra alps racing 14 to 1 head and air box mod. it improves the mid range and up. think it adds 9hp to the mid 5hp on top. most updates would have been done under warranty. most were minor crap. there was the drive shaft and little things like oil cap leaked, fuel sending unit stopped working. just little stuff. oh and regear it. i did the 19t originally and hated it. with the head the 20t worked way better.

For $7500, mine has all the bells and whistles and there is nothing you need to buy unless your looking at a turbo or a sunroof!

by the way, its geared at 20 on the top sprocket. Its the best all around gear.

Why is the 20T that much better than the 19T?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why is the 20T that much better than the 19T?

On the 154, the 20 tooth top sprocket just works better for all around riding. It works great in the mountains and also on the prairies. You get cooler clutch's in the mountains but also maintains good top end on the prairies. The 19 tooth is good if you only ride the mountains but limits your top end on the prairies. The stock 21 is for low elevation riding only as the clutch's get too hot in the mountains and belt life suffers. I've tried them all and prefer the 20.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Good point Taminator, but even if he had to do the top end for 1000$, he would be pretty far ahead with all the bells and whistles tacked on, provided he was after those bells and whistles.

Last time I did a top end, it was about $350..... Must have gotten a shop to do it for you to cost $1000. A top end is easy to do and should not cost $1000. Pistons, pins, rings, rod bearings, circlips..... Rev-XP

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine found an 08 Summit 800 w/1700km for $7700.00 OBO. I don't know much about the XPs. Does any one know what he should be looking out for or were they a solid machine?:dunno:

Thanks to everyone for their input but while I was busy yakking my buddy swung a deal on an MTX Yamaha that he wants to turbo down the road. I tried to sway him to Ski-Doo which I have ridden for years along with Polaris but some one else has been pumping him up with fear over engine failures becaus of the 07 oil issues...crap. This other guy by the way rides a cat and talked him out of a 'Doo but couldn't talk him out of a yammy:nono:. Oh well like I said thanks to everyone for their info, I personally found it useful.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their input but while I was busy yakking my buddy swung a deal on an MTX Yamaha that he wants to turbo down the road. I tried to sway him to Ski-Doo which I have ridden for years along with Polaris but some one else has been pumping him up with fear over engine failures becaus of the 07 oil issues...crap. This other guy by the way rides a cat and talked him out of a 'Doo but couldn't talk him out of a yammy:nono:. Oh well like I said thanks to everyone for their info, I personally found it useful.

Condolences to your buddy :(

:D

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lhf20wedge.jpg

That sled's gay'er then a bag of d**ks!

Top Bottom