Buyer beware (Go Pro, Drift) At Cross Iron mills mall

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK maybe I'm out of line, maybe not but here is the story....you decide....

I bought a HD Drift and the goggle mount has play in it. No big deal but when you record with it all you hear is the camera bouncing in the mount and make a rattling noise making any audio pretty much useless in the clip you are taking. It is clearly a manufacturers defect.
Sorry the clip is upside down..... Click on the picture to play the clip...

So I dropped into Cross Iron Mills and talked to the Drift dealer there. I explained I had the goggle mount mounted onto my bike and told him the issue I was having. He immediately asked how I mounted it. I said I used a piece of dense foam and cut it to contour the goggle mount and made a hole in the foam for the handle bar to go in, used a Velcro strap to hold it all in place.
IMG-20120901-00603_zps0587ac3a.jpg

He immediately says "you modified the mount". I said no, I have not touched the mount it's self. He said well you must be bending the mount causing play. I was sure I wasn't but said OK I'll check it out and I left.

I came home and looked at the mount very carefully and in no way shape or form was the mount deformed or bent out of shape. So the next time I was there I stopped in again and asked him about it. He didn't recognize me so I ended up going through the entire scenario again. With the same resistance. I said OK fine, the next time I'm around I'll bring the mount in so you can have a look at it.

So today I took the mount in and showed him. He examines it very closely.... for a long time. Finally he said "It's wore out" I said it's been used 5 times. He looks at it again for a very long time. I could tell he's looking for a way out but can't find anything. He finally askes did you buy it from me, I honestly said no, but aren't you a Drift representative for the area? He said I can't help you but I have them here for $10.00 bucks. I said I'm not paying anything for a manufacturers defect. You not going to take care of me? Does this stuff not have a warranty? I said if I buy a car in Calgary you don't think they will warranty it in Airdrie? He said it's different because he is privately owned..... I said do you think all GMC dealers are owned by GMC? I said look I don't care if you give me a new one. Exchange the one you have out on demo? I don't care if it is all scratched up. He said, cant help you. I said is a $10.00 dollar part going to be worth all the negative publicity that you are going to get over this? And mentioned I am a member of many local forums. He just looked at me with a dumb look on his face. I said OK and walked away.

So am I out of line??? Should he have taken care of me? I might have bought mounts from him in the future but he ain't getting a dime out of me now!
I don't think even if I did buy it from him that he would have helped me.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly,

I bought my Drift from that place. I had a problem with the zoom, which is in a different thread. The heavyset guy, Clint, is useless. All the other guys are really good. I actually talked to the owner who is from BC when I got the camera last year, and have talked to him a few times since regarding firmware etc.

I have the owners email address somewhere, I will post it when I find it. He will take care of you

Addition:

The owner is Dennis, and dennis@fusionracing.com I also talked to Ruben (info@driftinnovation.com) who helped me out.

My problem is here: https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/other-electronics/57148-drift-innovation-hd170-problems.html

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly,

I bought my Drift from that place. I had a problem with the zoom, which is in a different thread. The heavyset guy, Clint, is useless. All the other guys are really good. I actually talked to the owner who is from BC when I got the camera last year, and have talked to him a few times since regarding firmware etc.

I have the owners email address somewhere, I will post it when I find it. He will take care of you

Thanks!!

Yes it was the heavy set guy I was dealing with......

I just sent an email to Point of view cameras (where I bought it). But I'm thinking they are going to want the part back and what is it going to cost me to send it back.... probably not worth it.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever happened to "the customer is always right" Well not ALWAYS right but hey come on already. With such a cheap ass part why not just say here ya go and sorry for your inconvenience sir! Some ppl think its coming outa their pocket at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..kinda like the "Mcchicken sauce" 10 cents for a condiment WTF are they serious, its like paying for a packet of ketzup.....come on really :( sorry I luv that stuff for my fries when im going full boar on my winter bulking ;)

K rant over haha

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly,
I can give you my goggle mount, I am just gonna buy another helmet mount and put it on the side of my helmet.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever happened to "the customer is always right" Well not ALWAYS right but hey come on already. With such a cheap ass part why not just say here ya go and sorry for your inconvenience sir! Some ppl think its coming outa their pocket at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were actually really good and returned two of my cameras. Unfortunately its one guy that gives this place a black eye.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly,
I can give you my goggle mount, I am just gonna buy another helmet mount and put it on the side of my helmet.

Hey thanks man.... let me see if I get anywhere with Point of View Cameras and If I don't I will pay you the $10.00 bucks for it. It's the principal of it all, I'm not really that cheap lol...

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should email the owner a link to this thread..........

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks man.... let me see if I get anywhere with Point of View Cameras and If I don't I will pay you the $10.00 bucks for it. It's the principal of it all, I'm not really that cheap lol...

Im the same way! And no I dont always luv to argue, just with dummies LOL

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sure sure. Your wallet is superglued shut.

I should email the owner a link to this thread..........

I have done manoeuvres like that before, works well

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bar mount as well. Highfly, its yours first as you are blocks from my house, and your gonna polish my tunnel.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dennis at Fusion Racing, who someone said owns this shop too, is great to deal with IMO. He's out of Chilliwack from the info I have for him. I suspect if he does own this shop too, he'd like to know about your experience with his staff.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My goggle mount is the same way and so is my buddies, I dont think a new one will solve your problem, i think its just all of them. I do believe I actually threw it out the other day cause I used it once and it was to shaky and lots of background noise from shaking around. Just a $hitty mount IMO, the handlebar mount however works pretty good, I use it on my quad mostly

Top Bottom