Burton making money off motorized back country access???

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is literally hundreds of sled boarders in Revelstoke. Just Saying.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, it not the Sledder buying it, it's Daddy.
Your facts are out of place a bit....lol

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

it still comes down to the fact that BRP put the name of a company on their sled that is supporting the closure of a backcountry access motorized vehicle recreational area, and I don't think it right.....

Dakine879

Reaction score
On a side note it would have been nice if BRP could have teamed up with a Canadian snowboard/ski manufacturer there are some amazing products made right here in our own backyard. I kind of get it everyone knows who Burton is, makes sense, I'm sure Burton helped to pad the pockets of a few BRP execs to get there name plastered all over that machine.

Technically BRP is a Canadian Company traded on the TSX... but you might review the historical majority ownership of BRP. Half of the company was sold to Americans (IE Bain Investment Group)...twelve years ago.

Last edited:

Lanko

Reaction score
Technically BRP is a Canadian Company traded on the TSX... but you might review the historical majority ownership of BRP. Half of the company was sold to Americans (IE Bain Investment Group)...twelve years ago.

Traded on the TSE, headquartered in Valcourt, QC, which is still part of Canada last time I checked, CEO is a Canadian. Considered a Canadian company, investment dollars do not change that fact.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No decent snowboard or ski mgr in Canada that would have the brand following of burton
who is just over the border in Vermont from queerbec

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for the boarders? Would a 163 length be a better delivery sled than a 154? I was surprised this unit comes in a 154 only.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for the boarders? Would a 163 length be a better delivery sled than a 154? I was surprised this unit comes in a 154 only.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually a 174 would be a lot better for shuttling up with 2 people on the sled.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a national park man.....PERIOD....Show some pride in them. Ski's tend to be able to achive a much better emmissions number than a two stroke.

You can ride in parks in other areas, it's just regulated more. I have no problem jumping on a 4stroke to enjoy those areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You can ride in parks in other areas, it's just regulated more. I have no problem jumping on a 4stroke to enjoy those areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea. Certain places and certain times of year.. For certain purposes.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously?? How the fawk do they get up the hill?? Any who I just disagree with you big time so Ill just leave it at that.:beer:
We ski up..... no need for a sled in many areas. Have you not seen the cars parked at parking lots through rogers pass?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I know is most skier's or boarders can't afford a new sled and granola, if I was a dealer I wouldn't promote the Burton edition
That's a pretty weak elitist statement, most sledders can't afford a new sled either. That's why there is financing for 8 years on new sleds.

Obviously you do not know as much as the brp marketing people....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True.. But bikers and hikers still have acsess to banff and jasper.... I don't think creating more national parks/monuments should be frowned upon is all.
Mountain bikes are only allowed on a few trails in national parks. Banff is the most backward thinking park in Canada.

Parks in the east are actually building trails for mounting bikes because they see the benefit of the extra revenue and no more impact than hikers.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heli skiing is not allowed in National parks, provincial ones, that is up to the province. The ski areas that are in Banff national park have been there almost as long as people have been coming to the park. They are severely restricted in what they can do, even inside their tenures, IE drawing water from streams for snowmaking, adding or even replacing lifts. If you want to backpack in the park you have to make a reservation, stay on designated trails and camp in designated campsites. Everything is designed to minimize and contain the impact of visitors on the wild life and environment. Sleds have no place in there any more than dirt bikes or any other motorized vehicle. You want to enjoy it, get a pair of skis or snow shoes and go for a walk into a place that you can experience almost total silence.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ski up..... no need for a sled in many areas. Have you not seen the cars parked at parking lots through rogers pass?

I was talking about the chair lift. Don't think they are powered by pixie dust. What did you burn in your car to get to Rodgers??:rolleyes:

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain bikes are only allowed on a few trails in national parks. Banff is the most backward thinking park in Canada.

Parks in the east are actually building trails for mounting bikes because they see the benefit of the extra revenue and no more impact than hikers.

Got to to disagree here, I have hiked for decades and mountain biked since the first Stumpjumper came out. Theoretically bikes and hikers can have the same impact, in reality hikers don't skid their boots going downhill, nor do they cause the same damage on wet trails that a bike does. You can pretty much see it if you compare any trail that is hiker only, vs bike and/or hiker in the same area. The bike trail requires way more maintenance than the hiker trail. They could allow more accesson on old Fire roads where the surface is sufficiently stable to not have that issue, but then since they would all be shared used trails you would have the conflicts of bike going at speeds that would be dangerous for how busy those trails are. Don't know about those 'other' parks, but Banff and Jasper certainly don't need more traffic, they are already overloaded during the summer months.

Top Bottom