Burton making money off motorized back country access???

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a douche move doo.....plankers and boarders have been trying to keep sledders out of the hills for years

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around here the majority of backcountry plankers and boarders are already using doo's

it just would be nice to see all backcountry users fight together to keep areas open,

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Did you even read that article????? This is SOOOO much different than riding in designated areas in your local sled towns..... They are trying to support making 1.4 million acers a national monument in southern Utah..... WHAT at all is wrong with that? Can you ride a snowmobile through jasper? No..... "A world class landsace deserves world class levels of protection". Even as a sledder.... I agree 100%. There is a place for it... And it should stay that way! I see absoultley NOTHING wrong with this at all... in fact.. good on them for it. I wouldn't care what brand it is. You may as well put up a post proclaming you think we should be able to sled anywhere we want through banff and jasper.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should be able to sled in Banff and Jasper...... That would be awesome. And Id love to go wheeling in Moab one day too. That place is a VERY popular off road destination in the US. It would be like shutting down Revy to sleds for that user group.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you even read that article????? This is SOOOO much different than riding in designated areas in your local sled towns..... They are trying to support making 1.4 million acers a national monument in southern Utah..... WHAT at all is wrong with that? Can you ride a snowmobile through jasper? No..... "A world class landsace deserves world class levels of protection". Even as a sledder.... I agree 100%. There is a place for it... And it should stay that way! I see absoultley NOTHING wrong with this at all... in fact.. good on them for it. I wouldn't care what brand it is. You may as well put up a post proclaming you think we should be able to sled anywhere we want through banff and jasper.

Jasper and Banff were parks before snowmobiling existed, so nothing was lost, but a great wilderness area was preserved.....the Moab is a lot like Revelstoke, the off-roaders support the local economy and create many jobs, without off-road recreation many jobs will be lost.....a funny thing about the Moab is hikers and bicycles will have access still :confused:......better regulation of off-road activities may be required but total closure is crazy.....it would be like closing Revy or Valemont

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I think we should be able to sled in Banff and Jasper...... That would be awesome. And Id love to go wheeling in Moab one day too. That place is a VERY popular off road destination in the US. It would be like shutting down Revy to sleds for that user group.

Are you being sarcastic? lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Jasper and Banff were parks before snowmobiling existed, so nothing was lost, but a great wilderness area was preserved.....the Moab is a lot like Revelstoke, the off-roaders support the local economy and create many jobs, without off-road recreation many jobs will be lost.....a funny thing about the Moab is hikers and bicycles will have access still :confused:......better regulation of off-road activities may be required but total closure is crazy.....it would be like closing Revy or Valemont

True.. But bikers and hikers still have acsess to banff and jasper.... I don't think creating more national parks/monuments should be frowned upon is all.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True.. But bikers and hikers still have acsess to banff and jasper.... I don't think creating more national parks/monuments should be frowned upon is all.

I agree, but picking special user groups is dumb......heli-skiing in parks is okay also

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Nope... They have big azz ski hills in the parks, Why can't I have an area to sled?

Its a national park man.....PERIOD....Show some pride in them. Ski's tend to be able to achive a much better emmissions number than a two stroke.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I agree, but picking special user groups is dumb......heli-skiing in parks is okay also

This is true.... I guess it all depends on what you are judging it off of. I know from an EPA standpoint an arguement wouldnt have a leg to stand on. But as far as "people presence".. and long term effects.. there might not be much difference... I personally think a sled can leave MUCH worse of a fingerprint than ski's and a mountain bike.... hence...designated areas. Opinion only.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a national park man.....PERIOD....Show some pride in them. Ski's tend to be able to achive a much better emmissions number than a two stroke.

Seriously?? How the fawk do they get up the hill?? Any who I just disagree with you big time so Ill just leave it at that.:beer:

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

methane emissions are likely high with all those people

Lanko

Reaction score
On a side note it would have been nice if BRP could have teamed up with a Canadian snowboard/ski manufacturer there are some amazing products made right here in our own backyard. I kind of get it everyone knows who Burton is, makes sense, I'm sure Burton helped to pad the pockets of a few BRP execs to get there name plastered all over that machine.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
On a side note it would have been nice if BRP could have teamed up with a Canadian snowboard/ski manufacturer there are some amazing products made right here in our own backyard. I kind of get it everyone knows who Burton is, makes sense, I'm sure Burton helped to pad the pockets of a few BRP execs to get there name plastered all over that machine.

I like the idea of Canadians working with Canadians.

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I know is most skier's or boarders can't afford a new sled and granola, if I was a dealer I wouldn't promote the Burton edition

Reactions: krr
Top Bottom