Buried Maverick - Bruderheim - April 19, 2015

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im in.I think pontoons strapped to my rzr mite work,anybody know where you can buy some lol.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy my quad floats when I get off it...easier to push it back shallower if need be after the tires break suction

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your upset that you got stuck in a mudhole while out riding in muddy conditions with a machine what was built for the mud?

Have you tried roller skating ?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There ya are, couldnt find you on facebook, IM the guy that helped with straps and tried to winch the machine onto your trailer with my wildcat, well that destroyed my cable. Sounds like your problems didnt stop once out of the hole. Sh$%ty

cementfist27

Reaction score
Thanks bud! Just a quick update...I had no water get into the engine or airbox. I dropped all of the oils including the diffs...Everything was clear! There was about 1500 pounds of sand in every crevasse of the machine though. Took forever to clean out. Mostly cosmetic issues and that's it!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud! Just a quick update...I had no water get into the engine or airbox. I dropped all of the oils including the diffs...Everything was clear! There was about 1500 pounds of sand in every crevasse of the machine though. Took forever to clean out. Mostly cosmetic issues and that's it!
That's good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Barried Maverick - Bruderheim - April 19, 2015

There was damage. Blew the bead on drivers side front, tore the front bumper off and I think damaged the winch bracket. Broke the winch line, glazed the belt, and who know what water damage there is. I think we were able to get it out without any water in the engine. It did die, but was submerged 2 hours running waiting for a $700 tow job from AMA. To top off my day, the axle on my trailer broke on the way home as well. I shouldn't have gotten outta bed!

I had a terrible weekend at the Wawota derby last weekend i drove for 3 hours for a total of 200 feet in the mud. I went solo because my buddies ditched me, and in the first hole my axle popped out of the diff, luckily i seen 1 person and i flagged them down, he was nice enough to help tow me out of the hole, and then drag me up the hill, but then the axle popped the diff seal lip and took a chunk the size of your thumb out of the casting.... New diff ordered... And on the end of the CV axle 1/4 of splines are buggered.... My quad has 350 miles on it.

cementfist27

Reaction score
That's a rough day too. Like someone mentioned before...It's brutal now, but when you are up and running again you have an unreal camp-fire story that doesn't get old!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What size tires ?
28" Zillas, but now i put a billet front diff cover on, have a billet rear diff cover for my new diff, those braces i bought from you are going on, and i am putting my outlaws on for good after.
That's a rough day too. Like someone mentioned before...It's brutal now, but when you are up and running again you have an unreal camp-fire story that doesn't get old!
Yeah, total so far is $1367 for a diff, and $401 for a rear axle, $50 for a boot on front axle. All for about 200 feet into a rock infested hole. Ostacruiser was there with us at the derby he's throwing up some videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldwc11IpHyI

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks you should have installed the braces first ?? Ouch lol

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Me thinks you should have installed the braces first ?? Ouch lol
I don't think the braces would've stopped the axle from pulling out of the diff? I got the axle off the quad and everything, and the plunge is very very sticky, hard to slide in and out, so i'm thinking when the suspension flexed and dropped the axle wouldn't plunge and it ripped it out of the diff? Never seen an axle get sticky like this before. Especially with 350 miles.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hate to be that guy but this video evidence will be the end of it all...
Are you starting this whole "mudding gets ATVing banned for everyone" stuff? If so this was a ATV derby put on by a town as a fundraiser and with permission from the land owner everyone was allowed to go through his pasture in the valley by the town f Wawota, the derby has been on for 9 consecutive years and they will continue. This isn't Alberta where you got NDP loving tree humping vegans trying to control how the population lives their lives. Sorry end of rant.

Wawota

in the off chance you were taking about the original post about his SXS sunk. Totally disregard my post and I apologize for going off on a rant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom