Building Jumps

sausage

Reaction score
Is building jumps in sand pits illegal if it is on public land? I want to build a sand jump in a sand pit in Bruderhiem, Alberta

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
By public land do you mean in a private company's gravel pit that the public goes to? Or public land as in crown government land? If it's the private land, if you dont get caught it's not illegal, it's the wrong attitude but in theory you could... Thumbs down to my own comment but oh well :nono:

Or build one and just destroy it when your done for the day, possibly make it inaccessible, and post it as a hazard, use barricades, visible reflectors, tape it off like a construction site.

sausage

Reaction score
By public land do you mean in a private company's gravel pit that the public goes to? Or public land as in crown government land? If it's the private land, if you dont get caught it's not illegal, it's the wrong attitude but in theory you could... Thumbs down to my own comment but oh well :nono:

Or build one and just destroy it when your done for the day, possibly make it inaccessible, and post it as a hazard, use barricades, visible reflectors, tape it off like a construction site.

Ok. I mean crown land. I have seen jumps in bruderhiem before.

Toxic

Reaction score
You all completely liable for anyone who hurts themselves, somebody else I anyone who damages there machine on I even if it was completely operator error. It's an incredibly risky idea and one that would be life altering should anybody get seriously hurt. I think it's crazy but I don't see it necessary being illegal outside of littering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
crown land is usually protected. and therefore would likely have rules against any alterations of the landscape. your not even allowed to pick the flowers!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the same with atv clubs... if you build bridges or take care of trails... then you or the club that builds it must insure it... incase someone gets hurt and sues.... if no one knows about who built it then nobody knows... but now that you mentioned it.. and if you do it... and if someone gets hurt on it... you could be held lieable... if they can trace it back to this post you made... take your chances, I guess

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Ralph Klein it kid. Shovel, roost and shut up. Sand pits would SUCK if nobody shovelled jumps. Don't let the S&M drama team run your life but whatever you do, don't shovel a double in the middle of the geriatrics trail. Keep it in the pit.

PS... Do you think Pastrana and all his buds are just hitting naturals when they film their freeride segments? Lol

Last edited:

Steve Slade

Reaction score
Amen sum x 54. The real wild 1 should change his name to the real lame one. Go build your jumps like we all do that's what the sport is about being wild and pushing the limits to progress. If someone is so stupid that they don't see a jump u built and accidentally hit it they shouldn't be on a motorized vechile to begin with. Everything we face when we go out and ride is a hazard so go build your jumps and I'll continue to build mine. Don't listen to these old "dudes" about something as silly as legalities about a dam ramp. There the same guys who wine about everything like running sled decks on half tons also cause you may end up over your GVWR by a hundred pounds or so. Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amen sum x 54. The real wild 1 should change his name to the real lame one. Go build your jumps like we all do that's what the sport is about being wild and pushing the limits to progress. If someone is so stupid that they don't see a jump u built and accidentally hit it they shouldn't be on a motorized vechile to begin with. Everything we face when we go out and ride is a hazard so go build your jumps and I'll continue to build mine. Don't listen to these old "dudes" about something as silly as legalities about a dam ramp. There the same guys who wine about everything like running sled decks on half tons also cause you may end up over your GVWR by a hundred pounds or so. Give me a break.

It's attitudes like yours that give the human race a bad reputation. Us "Old Fags" were only giving sound advice. ( don't think that I didn't notice the edit there sumx54). I'm a little disappointed in you sumx., As a moderator you should have a little better judgement as to who you are calling a drama team. It doesn't look very professional when a site encourages illegal behavior.

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Careful sumx, you know better than to speak your personal opinion on here. Stick with what the masses say.

Personally I would build it... Use it.... Level it when your done.... Easy peasy

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say build it,if its in the midle of a sand pit then it should be clear to see it,some one builds lots of jumps in our local pit and i appreciate there work,some are bigger then I like but I dont hit them ones,like I always say cant live your life worryin about gettin sued or we all might aswell stay on the couch,so build it where safe and visible,hit it tons and leave it for the next guy to hit,

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
It's attitudes like yours that give the human race a bad reputation. Us "Old Fags" were only giving sound advice. ( don't think that I didn't notice the edit there sumx54). I'm a little disappointed in you sumx., As a moderator you should have a little better judgement as to who you are calling a drama team. It doesn't look very professional when a site encourages illegal behavior.
I'm not here to impress you or anyone else. It's a fkn jump in a sand pit. Quit being so anal.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to do it then make it entertaining to the rest of us. Put it heading into the deeper water hole. So if you hit it with speed you will make it to the other side. If not you hit the water. Then film and post it.

Top Bottom