Building an xm out of xp

kgb117

Reaction score
I've got a bone stock 08 xp that I want to "update". The plan is to do: pilots ds 2 skis, s-36, t-motion, extreme air vents rear suspension update, aftermarket running boards, post forward, team secondary (new stickers lol jk). The goal is to achieve the same handling to that of an xm. The chassis is the almost identical isn't it? Would I be looking at 90% xm? I'd like to get an xm but if I can build one for cheaper that would help the budget.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally like the smaller xp plastics over the xm, front of sled looks bigger...

i never seen much of any benefit with xm skis or spindles, over xp..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is but I've ridden a bunch of converted xp sleds. They never handle the same as the XM. If I was you I would pick up a complete xm skid with track. Then get the spindles and skis. Then you should be as close as possible. The spindles are different and make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The steering post is different too, But i think you have the basics covered...I'd doo the spindles too!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is but I've ridden a bunch of converted xp sleds. They never handle the same as the XM. If I was you I would pick up a complete xm skid with track. Then get the spindles and skis. Then you should be as close as possible. The spindles are different and make a difference

yup i agree my 08 has the 36 kit a XM tmotion skid and flex track and when I ride an XM they still feel a little better.

kgb117

Reaction score
So what's the xp really missing? What makes the xm so balanced and flickable? Would an xm skid and track get me as close as I can get to building an xm? Should I consider the flex edge? I've read that it's a barely noticeable upgrade... Agree disagree? My track now is in perfectly fine condition so it seems unnecessary.

kgb117

Reaction score
And does the s-36 not come with new spindles ? I was looking at the SLP ones. I read some good reviews about them on snowwest

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do the slp spindles. Also you need the flex edge it's probly the most important factor. And if your running the stock 2.25" that comes on the 08 then it will be a huge upgrade for you

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup i agree my 08 has the 36 kit a XM tmotion skid and flex track and when I ride an XM they still feel a little better.

go get yourself c3's post forward,,it'll make it as close to the xm as you can get..night and day difference over stock set up

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the post forward kit on mine was a great improvement
Also have 36" front
T motion and 2.5 ce track handles very close to my buddy's xm

Sent from my iPhone using

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the flexedge... S36, Polaris gripper skis, C3 post and upgrade track. If you need more help T-motion. With "low cost" upgrades you can get very close to the XM.

kgb117

Reaction score
If I was to get a full xm skid/track... Would the axle bolt holes line up or would I have to drill new ones?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the XM handling is in the spindles. Definitely something you want to do when looking for that XM feel. The post forward also adds too that XM feel. Set of good skis DS2 or The Grippers cant go wrong. If you running the stock 08 track the new 2.5's are a lot better. You can get an XP close to it. I agree the XP plastics are better all around.

Top Bottom