Brute Force Air Filter Spray???

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, wondering what other brute owners (or others in general) are using for air filter spary, I have been using this FAB1 stuff from my dealer, seems good, but $$$$. I have tried this PJ foam spray from ctire but I dont think it is tacky enough to the touch.

Been thinking about a K&N filter but I dont understand how they are better and if they work the same way...

any info would be great!!!!:beer::beer::beer: Thanks

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Maxima FFT oil, it sprays on quick, and very tacky. I've also tried Twin-Air BIO oil and filter cleaner, great combo for foam filters, when my Maxima oil is done I'm going back to Twin-Air.

The K&N filters are pleated and offer more surface area compaired to a foam or paper filter, which allows them to flow better. They are also a lot easier to clean compaired to a foam filter if you use an Outerwears pre-filter on them.

The performance increase isn't noticable from a stock foam filter to a aftermarket foam (like Twin-Air, UNI and No-Toil) to a K&N. They all do their jobs, they will flow better than stock, but for best results, add an aftermarket exhaust if your looking for performance.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Maxima FFT oil, it sprays on quick, and very tacky. I've also tried Twin-Air BIO oil and filter cleaner, great combo for foam filters, when my Maxima oil is done I'm going back to Twin-Air.

The K&N filters are pleated and offer more surface area compaired to a foam or paper filter, which allows them to flow better. They are also a lot easier to clean compaired to a foam filter if you use an Outerwears pre-filter on them.

The performance increase isn't noticable from a stock foam filter to a aftermarket foam (like Twin-Air, UNI and No-Toil) to a K&N. They all do their jobs, they will flow better than stock, but for best results, add an aftermarket exhaust if your looking for performance.

Where do you get Maxima FFT oil? and how much is it? Thanks man

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use beray on my stock filter.... when sprayed its like oil and sets a bit then its real tacky and sticky

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get Maxima FFT oil? and how much is it? Thanks man

Maxima oil (and filter cleaner) you can usually find at your local dealership. I got mine at a local Honda dealership. I've seen it just about everywhere though.

The Twin-Air oil and cleaner works amazing together which is why I'm switching back. It gets the filter 100% clean and removes all of the oil.

Though when it comes to oiling, I do like using the Maxima FFT as it comes out thicker.

i use beray on my stock filter.... when sprayed its like oil and sets a bit then its real tacky and sticky

I've had Belray before, but it takes a while to get the oil out of the filter. You have to wash it twice. What do you clean yours with?

I've tried powder filter cleaner, degreaser, and spray on filter cleaner, and nothing gets Belray out... :confused:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every oil depends on the dealer you go to, its usually around 19 bucks or so for a large can of it.

You can also get it in a bottle, then you soak it in a bag and massage it around. Its more messy, but you get more of an even coat.

Using a bad and bottled oil is great for multiple filters, but you waste too much oil with just 1.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every oil depends on the dealer you go to, its usually around 19 bucks or so for a large can of it.

You can also get it in a bottle, then you soak it in a bag and massage it around. Its more messy, but you get more of an even coat.

Using a bad and bottled oil is great for multiple filters, but you waste too much oil with just 1.

ya, usually I use varsole to clean the fitler, works good so far, My dealer told me to do it this way, also after sparying the filer I put in a bag in work it around.....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, usually I use varsole to clean the fitler, works good so far, My dealer told me to do it this way, also after sparying the filer I put in a bag in work it around.....

I've always used filter cleaner, then rinsed it off, then washed it in soapy water, rinsed it again, let it dry, then oil it.

I usually have two air filters with my quads so longer cleaning never bothered me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i use gas with just a bit of 2 stroke..... good to go

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get your beray from?

got it rainy creek power sports but have seen it lots of other places...

like i said its easy to squeese into the foam when wet... then it gets realy tacky - sticky

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not just go to Napa or Bumper to bumper and get the k&n air filter cleaning/recharge kit and use that on your filter........

I was told by my dealer that the K&N filter oil is way too light for a stock filter - I could still use it but would have to use a lot of it before it was effective enough. I also tried a K&N filter on my first grizz and it let a lot of dust in. While I'm sure the filter worked great, I think it was the adapter that didn't seal very well. I didn't really notice any difference either - might have made more sense if I was moded such that I required the extra air flow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not just go to Napa or Bumper to bumper and get the k&n air filter cleaning/recharge kit and use that on your filter........

major no no on a foam filter....... u mine as well not put anything on the filter then and see how long it lasts....

k and n is for cotton media and not foam media...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i use Twin air filter spray oil and what ever cleaner i can get my hands on cheap.. TWin Air is sold by Get Tourqed in Edmonton.. that is were i get it from.....

and as far as power or filtering goes, i have seen dyno results in the hundreds on air cleaner vs air cleaner and who filters betterbut no one would believe me anyways so buy what you think works.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i use Twin air filter spray oil and what ever cleaner i can get my hands on cheap.. TWin Air is sold by Get Tourqed in Edmonton.. that is were i get it from.....

and as far as power or filtering goes, i have seen dyno results in the hundreds on air cleaner vs air cleaner and who filters betterbut no one would believe me anyways so buy what you think works.

I've seen a few dynos on other forums too.

The biggest difference I've seen was either with a modded airbox, or a hi-flow intake tract, like those made by Fuel-Customs. (Don't confuse intake tract with billet adapter, the adapter makes no difference on most models. The quads an adapter makes a minor difference on is quads with intakes similar to the YFZ by getting rid of the back fire screen, but even still, its not much of a gain at all.)

That being said, there is small changes in performance with an air filter, but my recommendation when buying an aftermarket filter, is getting one that lasts, and is easy to clean.

Easy to clean: K&N with outerwears, or a dual stage foam filter where the stages aren't bonded (you can separate) like the UNI filters. This makes cleaning a breeze.

If you want more power on a 4X4 through the intake, best to use larger diameter PVC for your air-inlet for your snorkels.

Top Bottom