Bruderheim ATV ban?

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
was out there yesterday, there was about 30 machines and no issues. only seen a sign for the fire ban, nothing about riding. the one road is still closed just past the sand pit area.

700Dragon

Reaction score
Bruderheim is not in Stathcona County...it's in the County of Lamont. Range road 205 divides the two counties.

Last edited:

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an amazing ride out to Bruderhiem this weekend, we often ride out near the Shell refinery just past Fort Sask on range road 214, closer then Bruderhiem and lots to explore, however this weekend 3 of us couples toured all the way from this spot to Bruderhiem...about a 8km ride. Came out to the big sand pits at Bruderhiem and lots of people out there, so we continued on, crossed the creek, and eventually wandered back and crossed the creek at another location and made the 8km ride back to Scotford. Fantastic! I highly recommend this trip to anyone who hasn't discovered this! (Wish I could remember exactly how we found the trails from RR214 to Bruderhiem but I know we did cross a couple hwys....) Was anyone out at Bruderhiem on Sat? Looked pretty busy! good to see!

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were not aware of any ATV bans, there is always people riding out there when we go, so there's an ATV ban in Strathcona county, but 8km West to Bruderheim there is no ban? Doesn't make any sense to me, it's basically all the same! By the way we were on dirtbikes, not quads.. are the fines the same $?

Cdnbacon

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Strathcona County to see if there was an ATV Ban.... Got transferred to this and that person. Finally spoke with someone and he said that there is no place legally in the County of Strathcona to ride a quad!!!:rant: I asked specifically about Bruderheim and he came back with well thats crown land....He put me on hold and came back saying that there is no place legally to ride an Atv in Stratchona County!!

Cdnbacon

Reaction score
Spoke with Lamont County....They say that there is NO ATV ban on!! They are just asking people to careful with their exhaust!

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way I see it, my little dirtbike ain't hurtin nothin or nobody, I ride respectfully, if someone asks me to leave, I'll leave...if their gonna be a jerk, well....catch me if you can!!! lol:p

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Strathcona County to see if there was an ATV Ban.... Got transferred to this and that person. Finally spoke with someone and he said that there is no place legally in the County of Strathcona to ride a quad!!!:rant: I asked specifically about Bruderheim and he came back with well thats crown land....He put me on hold and came back saying that there is no place legally to ride an Atv in Stratchona County!!
I think the person who you talked to is wrong. There are differing opinions among Strath County officials as to whether there is or is not. Fact is, if I want to ride my ATV on private land, I'm going to, and I don't give a damn what this guy says. The Bruderheim rec area is not private, so that would be different. I'm not even convinced the County has a right to enforce an ATV ban as the land is actually Alberta Government property, but I can't say for sure if the County has some sort of stewardship agreement with the Province or not. Common sense should dictate that if conditions are very dry, don't go there just to be safe, but I'm not convinced that there is an enforceable ban in place now or not. As said before, I'll continue to ride on private land with the owner's permission and to hell with the County.:rant:

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happened to AB RANGERS posts?? lol not that I care, and I agree with you farg. Like I said, the way I see it, I am not hurting anything, I don't litter, I ride where EVERYONE else seems to be riding so I don't understand the problem, yes if someone asks me kindly to leave then OK. For instance, I had this one case where we were riding on private land near the river, owned by a farmer...we were always told we werent suppose to be riding there but didn't seem like an issue.. one day we drove thru the farmers field and staged along the river, this angry cowboy comes barreling up to us on his horse and starts rambling off on how this is private property we arent suppose to be here blah blah blah..when I asked him if it was his land he rode away...couple minutes later riding our bikes along this trail a farmer and an old pickup truck pulls up and says....hey..you guys know this is private land right? and we said yes we know but we didnt know who owned it and he said he did, so finally we got to speak to the actual farmer who owned this land and he said...I dont mind at all if you ride your ATV's here, he just had a problem with assholes chucking their empty beer cans all over his land and starting huge bon fires, which is understandable. But either way, I dont really understand the whole county bullcrap, I will continue to ride there until someone stops me and tells me not to, I have NEVER seen a convervation officer anywhere near Bruderheim or Fort Sask....?

crazy240sx

Reaction score
We were not aware of any ATV bans, there is always people riding out there when we go, so there's an ATV ban in Strathcona county, but 8km West to Bruderheim there is no ban? Doesn't make any sense to me, it's basically all the same! By the way we were on dirtbikes, not quads.. are the fines the same $?

I'll tell you, from first-hand experience, the fines are the same on dirtbikes as they are on quads lol... As a matter of fact, the only fines i've gotten have been all issued out at Brudderheim.. RCMP love that place.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i've just been lucky, I've managed to get away from them in Nordegg, and the very first time I took my 85 for a spin at the Enoch sand pits i came barrelling down a hill only to come face to face with the RCs, they obviously saw me struggling to get away, as i'm learning how to ride a 2 stroke and keep stallin the bike out in panic...then try to climb back up the hill..then took off, blew by my friends as they are all like "where are you going?" until they see the squad car comin.... a few of them got stopped but no tickets, just got asked to leave. I guess a lot of tickets are issued in Bruderhiem from riding on the roads?? Thats what i've been hearin anyway

crazy240sx

Reaction score
Yea they really hate when you ride the roads but they hate it more when you don't have a plate and insurance.. The first time i was coming into that big bowl staging area on a set of rockers and the second i got to the end, the truck starts screaming towards me.. First time there so i just waited to see what he wanted, bad idea.

I'd be willing to go again for sure though, just need more people to ride with, everyone i know is the "casual" rider that goes once every week..if that..

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I only go to bruderheim once in a while b/c I have been riding at a closer spot near Fort Saskatchewan, but since we discovered the trails go from range road 214 all the way to Bruderhiem i'm sure we'll be there more often. We do a lot of out of town camping trips on the weekends and driving from the west end of the city out there during the week isn't feasible. I do have insurance on my bike but haven't gotten around to registering it yet, probably should sooner or later.....:rolleyes:

crazy240sx

Reaction score
Hmm.. I've never ridden the trails you're talking about, maybe if you guys don't mind, I'll hit up the trails with you.. Always good to find more riding spots. Have you gone to Brule yet? I was there with a 50cc like 4 years ago and it was alright but want to go back with a full size bike.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup for sure dude! Don't mind extra riders at all, love to get out and meet/ride with new bikers. I have been to Brule once last year on my 125 4 stroke, haven't yet this year with the 2 stroke but we are going to Brule again in September (find the sand is better that time of year to ride in) I ride in Nordegg quite a bit aswell, since my parents own and operate a resort up there. Fun times!

crazy240sx

Reaction score
Right on, thats wicked... Throw me a message or something when you plan on heading out, i'll meet up with you guys for sure.. The lack of knowing people to ride with sucks right now.

Top Bottom