Bruderheim ATV ban?

KingSpence

Reaction score
I have never been to Bruderheim, and am curious to know if it would be worth the trip to bring up my truck. I do not have an atv yet, but I have a Toyota Landcruiser (same size as a jeep), are most of the trails wide enough to manage an SUV through?

crazy240sx

Reaction score
some of the trails you could fit into, but if a dirtbike or quad comes around a corner quick, you're going to f*ck them up.. I hit a quad frickin hard last year on a buddies dirtbike and that sucked real bad, I could not imagine if i smacked into you at the top of 3rd or 4th.

I'd say try elsewhere.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nevermind the head on collisions with other bikes rippin around a corner and you cannot see...I wiped out pretty bad avoiding a collision with another bike...it's quite a high traffic area out there on weekends too

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
some of the trails you could fit into, but if a dirtbike or quad comes around a corner quick, you're going to f*ck them up.. I hit a quad frickin hard last year on a buddies dirtbike and that sucked real bad, I could not imagine if i smacked into you at the top of 3rd or 4th.

I'd say try elsewhere.

I would think that that experience might tell you something about your own style of driving.....I find it very hipocritical that you can say no don't bring your truck/jeep into the public off road area because it will interfere with my careless driving style. I can ramp with the best of them but when we are ramping we utilize a spotter, otherwise we have to drive defensively because there are people on dirtbikes who drive the trails as if it were a one way closed course. I spent many weekends camping back there driving quad/dirtbike and yes even TRUCKS....I do not go now because everything with the fires is still too fresh and I'd prefer not to be shot at....It may happen, don't kid yourself locals are FED UP.......Just sayin...

Attached are pics of us with the tucks @ bruderhiem in 2004

pathfinder @ bruderhiem3.jpg

pathfinder @ bruderhiem2.jpg

pathfinder @ bruderhiem.jpg

Bogger

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Oh and on another note.....We USED to be able to ride horseback in there....but now it is too dangerous....you think a truck is bad, lets see you ramp a blind hill into a horse......Just sayin:rant:

K I'm done

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have never been to Bruderheim, and am curious to know if it would be worth the trip to bring up my truck. I do not have an atv yet, but I have a Toyota Landcruiser (same size as a jeep), are most of the trails wide enough to manage an SUV through?

You can't go everywhere....some trails are too narrow but there are lots of open areas, cut lines, and steep hills to play on....:d

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that that experience might tell you something about your own style of driving.....I find it very hipocritical that you can say no don't bring your truck/jeep into the public off road area because it will interfere with my careless driving style. I can ramp with the best of them but when we are ramping we utilize a spotter, otherwise we have to drive defensively because there are people on dirtbikes who drive the trails as if it were a one way closed course. I spent many weekends camping back there driving quad/dirtbike and yes even TRUCKS....I do not go now because everything with the fires is still too fresh and I'd prefer not to be shot at....It may happen, don't kid yourself locals are FED UP.......Just sayin...

Attached are pics of us with the tucks @ bruderhiem in 2004

View attachment 26585

View attachment 26586

View attachment 26587

Bogger

You actually believe someone would do that? What are they fed up with? People using PUBLIC LAND??? There are far too many people in this country that think just because they live in an area they OWN it!!! If you are right and someone does threaten anyone out there, they should be put in JAIL!! Other people have the right to use the area and if the locals don't like it, maybe they should move. I'm really getting sick of all these whiners, especially in Dracona County that think they can tell everyone else what they should be doing. It's unfortunate that some were affected by the fires, but there's no firm evidence that the fires were started by riders, just innuendo. There are campers that use the area too.:rant:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You actually believe someone would do that? What are they fed up with? People using PUBLIC LAND??? There are far too many people in this country that think just because they live in an area they OWN it!!! If you are right and someone does threaten anyone out there, they should be put in JAIL!! Other people have the right to use the area and if the locals don't like it, maybe they should move. I'm really getting sick of all these whiners, especially in Dracona County that think they can tell everyone else what they should be doing. It's unfortunate that some were affected by the fires, but there's no firm evidence that the fires were started by riders, just innuendo. There are campers that use the area too.:rant:

Do I believe someone WOULD do it......Yes.
Did I say I agree with it.......NO
Do I agree with people who come on here and try to tell another user they should not go because it might interfere with his/her careless driving style, which I might add IS the reason we can no longer take the horses back there.....Absolutely Fuggin not.....

All I said was I choose not to go there right now because I am aware how angry some of the locals are.....be it justified or not....

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to beleive I am always a cautious rider, I do take corners on the far right and slow, however that doesn't mean that is true for the other person coming around the bend whom I cannot see....wether its a truck/bike/quad...we all need to be careful in these high traffic areas to make the place safe and enjoyable for EVERYONE... no matter what they are riding in/on. As far as the locals go, well I try not to get too involved with all the talk about that aspect of it because I just dont care, I respect the land when I do ride out there, I'm not hurting anyone, and I try to obey any laws that may abide, but in my opinion at the end of the day bruderhiem and neighboring areas are known for its good riding, people have been using it for recreational purposes for years...why are locals complaining now? Is it just b/c of the recent fires that are being blamed on ATV use..or is it other factors as well?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I like to beleive I am always a cautious rider, I do take corners on the far right and slow, however that doesn't mean that is true for the other person coming around the bend whom I cannot see....wether its a truck/bike/quad...we all need to be careful in these high traffic areas to make the place safe and enjoyable for EVERYONE... no matter what they are riding in/on. As far as the locals go, well I try not to get too involved with all the talk about that aspect of it because I just dont care, I respect the land when I do ride out there, I'm not hurting anyone, and I try to obey any laws that may abide, but in my opinion at the end of the day bruderhiem and neighboring areas are known for its good riding, people have been using it for recreational purposes for years...why are locals complaining now? Is it just b/c of the recent fires that are being blamed on ATV use..or is it other factors as well?

Clarification........I was not singling you out....YOU were not the one who told the other user to stay away, nor were you the one who admitted to "screaming up hills around corners in 3rd or 4th" up and around is a BLIND corner...AND I should have said dirtbike AND quad users...
Anyone driving a truck will be going a lot slower as not to damage the unit...trucks are not built for high speed off road use...normally we crawl.

As for the situation with the locals they have been upset for a while but because it is public land thier concern fell onto deaf ears.....now people are listening...Issues include Driving the range/township roads into the area at high rates of speed (mostly townies).....garbage left in the area....excessive noise, the inability to use the land for horseback riding which is a large part of why most people bought back there in the first place...the list goes on...

Do I want to see the area shut down.....No
Do I want to se the users respect it......Yes
Do I think ANYONE has the right to tell anyone else to stay away....No

I was just stating an opinion on a blatantly stupid/hypocritical comment

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Clarification........I was not singling you out....YOU were not the one who told the other user to stay away, nor were you the one who admitted to "screaming up hills around corners in 3rd or 4th" up and around is a BLIND corner...AND I should have said dirtbike AND quad users...
Anyone driving a truck will be going a lot slower as not to damage the unit...trucks are not built for high speed off road use...normally we crawl.

As for the situation with the locals they have been upset for a while but because it is public land thier concern fell onto deaf ears.....now people are listening...Issues include Driving the range/township roads into the area at high rates of speed (mostly townies).....garbage left in the area....excessive noise, the inability to use the land for horseback riding which is a large part of why most people bought back there in the first place...the list goes on...

Do I want to see the area shut down.....No
Do I want to se the users respect it......Yes
Do I think ANYONE has the right to tell anyone else to stay away....No

I was just stating an opinion on a blatantly stupid/hypocritical comment