Bruderheim ATV ban?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knew if the ATV ban is still in affect for Bruderheim? I checked Strathcona county's website but couldn't find anything. I might take a drive out there tomorrow and check it out.

Not sure if a ban still exists but you're not gonna want to be in there.....see other bruderhiem threads.
County of lamont is looking to hire 4 people with firefighting background to help contain flare-ups (as of Thursday June 4th)
If spotted by residents there are some who may be angry enough to pepper your tailgate so my advice would be to find another area, accessing it now will just help to ensure it's shut down for good.....Just Sayin

razorsedge

Reaction score
Website
www.jetsowner.com
Yah, if I do go out there and check it out, I'm not bringing my bike. I live in Fort Sask, and love the convience of Bruderheim, so I don't want to do anything that would help have it banned perminantly.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and friend where traveling past there Wed. and spoted some smoke, they stoped to check it out and by the time they got near it, it flared up. They called 911, grabed a shovel and attemped to control it...it just took off, it's so dry....hope ....no pray for rain....

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a few folks out there on Sunday.....
Fingers crossed that a few won't ruin it.....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh i saw a couple bikes out there on friday night ripping it up in the sand pit about 1/2 mile from were the fire had crossed the highway 855 i believe it was i was on. doesn't look good if still banned

Leggz

Reaction score
My Hubby and I went for drive out to Bruderheim yesterday (Saturday) to check out the site and there were a few people there with ATV's and a couple bikes, but that was it.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they've removed the barricades off of twp 564 so now people don't have to go into the ditch to get around it.you know who you are.:nono::nono:
I'll just stay away anyway

dcschneider

Reaction score
Was thinking of heading out, but don't know exactly where to go, had a real good rain out here now. Anyone help out with some directions?

razorsedge

Reaction score
Website
www.jetsowner.com
I drove past the pit off highway 830 earlier in the day. Seen a bunch of bikes and quads out there. I'm guessing it's ok to ride out there now? If it rains some more this week, I gonna go out there next weekend.

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went out to the area just past the Scotford/Shell plant on Saturday. It was OK, and actually the trails there go all the way to the Bruderhiem area. But there was lots to explore just int he area at Scotford. Maybe you've been out here already - you take a left turn at the Scotford refinery road and just after it turns into gravel we turned right then a quick left into a grassy field and we staged there. I will be going to this spot more often, it is still alittle burnt but I enjoyed it. Perhaps if we run into some tour guides who can lead us from here out to Bruderhiem, apparently it is about a 25 min ride on a dirtbike/quad. Maybe we'll see ya around sometime razorsedge. I used to live in Fort aswell..still have lots of biking friends there too.:beer:

razorsedge

Reaction score
Website
www.jetsowner.com
I rode Bruderheim today. When we got out there, there was some dude there with his kids. He said he talked to the county and the RCMP and they said it was good to go to ride. He mentioned the cops have been out giving people a hard time about riding but he said he keeps the constables number he talked to that told him it's ok to ride. :Happy6:

Sweathog

Reaction score
Thought I'd post an update. I called the Bruderheim fire department yesterday and they confirmed that an ATV ban is still on.

rockabilly685

Reaction score
I called RCMP detachment in Strathcona county yesterday and they confirmed that Redwater and Bruderheim are open now. You must stay on the sand trails and off the roads ($300 fine). RCMP instructed me that they will be checking for insurance/registration both by car and ATV on daily bases.

I was out there yesterday and no signs are posted in the Rewater(AOHV) area on Victoria Trail and at all staging area signs. Only marking are Total Fire Ban. Same with Bruderheim. The road is closed at the far end and authorzied vehicles only allowed

Not trying to start a debate, but this is the lastest information RCMP released to me.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your not sure look up the county's web sight sturgen county is still under fire and atv ban as on the front page of there web sight,and it's the fish and feathers enforcing and handing out fines if your caught

razorsedge

Reaction score
Website
www.jetsowner.com
Thought I'd post an update. I called the Bruderheim fire department yesterday and they confirmed that an ATV ban is still on.

ATV ban or fire ban? I heard the fire ban is still on, but no ATV ban. I've been out to Bruderheim twice in the past week and haven't had any problems. There has been other riders each time I've been out there.

Top Bottom