Brp screwed up big time

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the original poster, I feel your pain. BRP's pressure for my dealer of 25 years to build a new store in a larger center was enough for him, so he dropped the ski-doo lineup. I attempted to deal with the replacement dealer with no luck, so I no longer ride ski-doo - I drive to a rural cat dealer for parts & service, as does my wife for her Pro RMK. I'll support the smaller, family run dealers that actually recognize you and know you by name, and provide actual after sales service, which is something the "big box" stores do not. This sport is supported and was founded on the efforts of the small town dealer, and it is a shame the manufacturers have lost sight of that fact...

i deal at big box stores and when i walk in everyone there knows my name and im taken care of. the difference is i built that relationship. i didnt walk in the door first day and expect everyone to know my name. when your a small store and 2 people walk in your door all week its pretty obvious they are going to remember you. if you deal with the same "big box store" whatever that means....for aany length of time you get the same if not better service.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small dealers are not always the answer, last year i was snowchecking and I went to the small dealer who really wanted to sell me a sled and promised me that this time his price would be the best as last time it was not. Unfortunatly his price was not the best again, what did the OWNER do that I was dealing with? He called the other two shops in Edmonton and Saint Albert to complain to the managers that they were selling their sleds below agreed BRP set rates andthat they took a customer from him that lives in his sales area. He then went on to make a formal complaint to BRP and tried to block the other dealer from selling to me. YES THIS IS A TRUE STORY!!!!!!! And I do not live in his sales area and last time I checked I get to decide what I buy and where.

This little shop just a bit north east of Edmonton also now owns a small shop in Sicamous.....beware of both. If this douche bag ever denies it I will call him out in public any time. And when confronted there was no apology or remorse for being douche bag of the year, nor would he call the other shop that I did buy from to apologize to the salesman that got a chewing from his boss.

This was the owner of the small shop and not a slaesman.
Just cause it is a small shop mens nothing, it is the people and the company culture driven by ownershipd wheather it be a small shop or a large one.

As a purchaser it is always good to check out the dealers rep and take it with a grain of salt as we are the ones that have to go back for service, I have also had good luck gettng quick quality service from large dealers that I did not buy from. I for one will be doing what I can to let people know the total lack of scruples this owner has.

And the moral of the story is......service is a crap shoot, we are in it for fun, grin and bear it.

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True there are both and it does revolve around the actual ppl who own/work at any given stealership. Ive have more chit experience than good throughout my years racing motocross and riding sleds. I just abandon whatever stealership that don't want my money. Turple was my worst experience outa all my yrs thus far however. Nothing but attitude, lazy and know nothings then anyways!!!! :/ Harsh I know, but true!!!!!! I have a few good stories about a few potential deals gone sour there over stubbornness on their part! But its the past and ive never spent $1 in there since, nor has 6 or so of my closer friends!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Bow Cycle mail is interesting........I heard the Calgary dealers were a little upset at how many Calgary people bought sleds out of the city. Instead of trying to get BRP to fix it by passing out address, maybe the dealers should look in the mirror!

I was in Bow South today. Bought some accessories... a linq mount kit, linq decals and some windshield speed nuts. I paid as much as 20% over MSRP for the parts I bought. When I asked if they could give me a bit of a deal on the parts if I also bought two sets of $160 sled dollies I was told that maybe if I came back on Tuesday someone would have the authority to give me a deal but no one there had the authority to make a deal.

Last week I ordered a bunch of parts from the Ski-Doo website totalling about $900 (which is MSRP) and paid $99 shipping to have all the items delivered to my door which if you work it out is cheaper than going to Bow South to get parts and everything showed up in less than 4 days.

So if you're going to remove every last semblance of customer service then why the hell would I waste my time dealing with you when I get the same if not better deal without having to leave the house?

BRP needs to take a long hard look at their new strategy of having all big box dealers slinging their products or else I think they're going to start losing customers quickly.

I know I would much rather deal with people I know at Trackside than a faceless franchise at Bow Cycle.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Bow Cycle mail is interesting........I heard the Calgary dealers were a little upset at how many Calgary people bought sleds out of the city. Instead of trying to get BRP to fix it by passing out address, maybe the dealers should look in the mirror!

Ya..new dealer said the big store was complaining about that. He said they didn't do the sales but inherited them.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i deal at big box stores and when i walk in everyone there knows my name and im taken care of. the difference is i built that relationship. i didnt walk in the door first day and expect everyone to know my name. when your a small store and 2 people walk in your door all week its pretty obvious they are going to remember you. if you deal with the same "big box store" whatever that means....for aany length of time you get the same if not better service.
I guess we will agree to disagree. I've had far better service in the smaller dealerships ( once had an engine installed in the staging area of a friend's sled NOT bought there, but my dealer brought a crate engine from his store in Alberta to Valemount, and didn't charge a dime). I doubt your dealer would do that for you, let alone one of your friends... but I have no doubt you are treated well. Let's face it, you purchase a new sled every year, not every 2 or three, and with a surveying business, your ATV, sled, and parts purchases far exceed the average Joe...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess we will agree to disagree. I've had far better service in the smaller dealerships ( once had an engine installed in the staging area of a friend's sled NOT bought there, but my dealer brought a crate engine from his store in Alberta to Valemount, and didn't charge a dime). I doubt your dealer would do that for you, let alone one of your friends... but I have no doubt you are treated well. Let's face it, you purchase a new sled every year, not every 2 or three, and with a surveying business, your ATV, sled, and parts purchases far exceed the average Joe...

Isn't that the truth.

I dealt with Ken when he had Mr Rs. Didn't matter if I was buying or tire kicking he made you feel like a valued customer and after the sale as well. Oh and they had parts in stock and could do repairs as well.
Funny thing he had this thing called "inventory" for the parts that are designed to wear out. The big box store on the other hand told me they don't stock parts. Prepay and 10 days to get them. I pay and order(bushings for skis). Meanwhile Mr Rs sends me some on the bus same day. Go back to box store three weeks later and they say I hadn,t come to pick up the parts I ordered and paid for so they put them in inventory. That is just one example, of why I won't buy a sled there. Oh and last spring there spring check price was above MSRP as well. I will stick to the smaller shops.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth.

I dealt with Ken when he had Mr Rs. Didn't matter if I was buying or tire kicking he made you feel like a valued customer and after the sale as well. Oh and they had parts in stock and could do repairs as well.
Funny thing he had this thing called "inventory" for the parts that are designed to wear out. The big box store on the other hand told me they don't stock parts. Prepay and 10 days to get them. I pay and order(bushings for skis). Meanwhile Mr Rs sends me some on the bus same day. Go back to box store three weeks later and they say I hadn,t come to pick up the parts I ordered and paid for so they put them in inventory. That is just one example, of why I won't buy a sled there. Oh and last spring there spring check price was above MSRP as well. I will stick to the smaller shops.

Ken and his Mr.R's was friggin' awesome. Ken is still awesome!

I will say and agree with Maxwell, "one has to build a relationship" but there are some people out there that just don't have the love and enthusiasm for the job. The relationship will never be there for some people.

The online BRP store is amazing but I don't really know how it works as all dealers are not connected (their choice?). Order something from a dealer and it can take months (because he is ordering from BRP) but the online store has it to you in a couple days or maybe a week because one of the participants in the online program has it in stock.

Talking about building relationships, the new Service Manager at NewWay is changing things for the better. To make a long story short, my quad sat there for 5 weeks and nothing was done, talked to Kevin on a Monday and he said, "we will look at it on Thursday or Friday." True to his word, he phoned on Friday (I was at the Saskatoon sled show) and told me what they found. I delivered the parts on Wednesday morning (that is another great story) and picked up the quad later in the day. A box of beer for the shop staff and everyone is happy. Relationship is starting out on a good note!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken and his Mr.R's was friggin' awesome. Ken is still awesome!

I will say and agree with Maxwell, "one has to build a relationship" but there are some people out there that just don't have the love and enthusiasm for the job. The relationship will never be there for some people.

The online BRP store is amazing but I don't really know how it works as all dealers are not connected (their choice?). Order something from a dealer and it can take months (because he is ordering from BRP) but the online store has it to you in a couple days or maybe a week because one of the participants in the online program has it in stock.

Talking about building relationships, the new Service Manager at NewWay is changing things for the better. To make a long story short, my quad sat there for 5 weeks and nothing was done, talked to Kevin on a Monday and he said, "we will look at it on Thursday or Friday." True to his word, he phoned on Friday (I was at the Saskatoon sled show) and told me what they found. I delivered the parts on Wednesday morning (that is another great story) and picked up the quad later in the day. A box of beer for the shop staff and everyone is happy. Relationship is starting out on a good note!

Bribes like beer do work:beer::thumbsup2:

Didn't feel that when I was there for warranty work. He barley grunted at me. lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turple Bro's has treated me ten X better than trackside ever has,,, I work in Olds every day in the summer and that place sux...JMO bug eyed friggin attitude parts man...:rant:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far so good with Wetaskiwin Motorsports be testing all this very soon. Fingers crossed.

$70 for a jug of oil!!! Someone needs to get bent.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel as though the sport is starting to get tainted by a number of "popularity" issues?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turple Bro's has treated me ten X better than trackside ever has,,, I work in Olds every day in the summer and that place sux...JMO bug eyed friggin attitude parts man...:rant:

Like Wigley's attitude or not he's still 10x more knowledgeable than the pimpled faced kid that is behind the counter at Turples I'm sure.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah, no way people should have to put up with guys with a "ain't I special" attitude eh. LOL.

Pot....... Meet ......kettle.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Wigley's attitude or not he's still 10x more knowledgeable than the pimpled faced kid that is behind the counter at Turples I'm sure.

Nope not even close, that pimple faced girl Knows way more about Skidoo parts than that guy in olds. He doesn't set the bar very high tho, cause he know nothing about skidoo.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope not even close, that pimple faced girl Knows way more about Skidoo parts than that guy in olds. He doesn't set the bar very high tho, cause he know nothing about skidoo.

Sounds like some deeply seeded hurt feelings

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some deeply seeded hurt feelings

Nope, not really. I was In there last week cause I was close by,, but again like every time I'm in there, just wasn't impressed at all, didn't get any parts,, went to turples and they had every thing I needed in stock. Don't want my money,, fine I'll spend it some where else. They were never great, but for skidoo parts they are now useless. Maybe hes a quadder?? I don't know, don't care. Just speaking my piece on the on going S&M Turple bro's vs Trackside.

Top Bottom