"Brown bag lunch"

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more i find myself back in the field and packing a lunch. I have my 15 year old cooler about the size of a 6 pack, i got salt and pepper, cholula hot sauce, utensils. Looking for some good idea's for the old brown bag lunch?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya got some way of heating and opening, a can of campbels chunky soup is great. or almost any other canned goods. quick and easy.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more i find myself back in the field and packing a lunch. I have my 15 year old cooler about the size of a 6 pack, i got salt and pepper, cholula hot sauce, utensils. Looking for some good idea's for the old brown bag lunch?

canned salmon onions and Mayo on fresh bread. That's the tickest.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soup Thermos with the spoon in the lid, Babybel cheese, a nice thick Pastrami on Rye with mayo, mustard and a tart pickle! Now I'm hungry!

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have access to a microwave..............I always make extra for dinner when I make certain things like spagetti, stew, chili, chicken, perogies etc................as my husband gets bored of sandwiches everyday. Those Lunchables are great too !!! And they sell little packs of veggies and dip !!! If you like tuna those snack kits are a good idea too !! Meat, cheese and crackers !!! Instead of a sandwich make a wrap !!!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You make storm's Lunches????? How the hell did he score you?? Life is just so unfair! damn! What dear?? Nothing just playing on the computer! oops gotta go.(jk)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All great ideas!! ke4ep them coming!! Microwave is hard to come by when the truck is packed with parts.......

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those tuna "kits" are awesome....mmmmm. Honey garlic pepperoni hits the spot every time!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All great ideas!! ke4ep them coming!! Microwave is hard to come by when the truck is packed with parts.......

I carry one of those "truck ovens"

its about the size of a 12 volt battery, black plastic outside, aluminum inside, with a 12 lighter plug. Wife puts left overs, things like scalloped potatoes, stews, meat and potatoes, almost anything wrapped in tinfoil. Very similar to a muff pot. About 30 -45 minutes plugged in and wala, a hot lunch.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to change it up from the regular sandwiches too. Lately I have been packing small potato salads available in stores, fresh veggies and dip, canned smoked oysters, pickled eggs,cheese and sausage pieces, sweet and salty granola bars, chicken wings and left overs from the night before.
LOL, of coarse not all this for one day.

farm boy 73

Reaction score
I use one of those lunch box cookers too. wrap a steak or chicken breast in tinfoil with spices, cook it up and put it in a sub bun.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You make storm's Lunches????? How the hell did he score you?? Life is just so unfair! damn! What dear?? Nothing just playing on the computer! oops gotta go.(jk)

Love is blind they say !!!! I make lots of his lunches, with left overs, make a sandwich here and there, ensure he's got a variety of things for his lunch such as APPLE PIE, muffins, fresh lunch meat and bread, chips, granola bars, Hot Rods, cheese and crackers, gatorade etc..............do his laundry, buy his rum and pepsi and ensure always stocked.............either I am a sucker........or he's spoiled............and I think it's the latter !!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I threw on some pickled jalapenos in stead of pickles today, and tryed humos instead of miricle whip...... i like miricle whip better. Im thinking now a course bread and a creamier cheese like Havarti. And hit Can Tire for a lunch box cooker!!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I threw on some pickled jalapenos in stead of pickles today, and tryed humos instead of miricle whip...... i like miricle whip better. Im thinking now a course bread and a creamier cheese like Havarti. And hit Can Tire for a lunch box cooker!!

You bet, a lunch box cooker is a great way to get out of the brown bag blues. Friday was roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots and gravy. Piping hot when I opened it, steam out the top. A nice warm meal. The wife was able to find a tinfoil dish that fits the bottom half almost exactly perfect, packs the meal in that, tinfoil on the top and then no mess in the cooker. Heck, even left over pizza can be eaten hot.

Almost any meal she cooks she makes extra, then fills a tray or two, puts them in the freezer. When I head out I just open the freezer, check the labels and see what hits the spot that day. Put the frozen dish in the cooker when I get to the truck, plug it in about an hour before I want lunch. Scallop potatoes with Ham and cheese on top, one of my favorites! Some times the wife will wrap a veggie combination in tinfoil, carrots, corn, onions with a dab of butter is a favorite, you jut put that in on top of the other container and wala, fresh side veggies.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya about the no room in the truck for a mic so I find that the window defroster does the trick lol

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit cambodian tire and walmart, no lunch box cookers:confused: I have worked with guys that had them, old beat up black boxes that worked awsome, but none on shelves here.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit cambodian tire and walmart, no lunch box cookers:confused: I have worked with guys that had them, old beat up black boxes that worked awsome, but none on shelves here.

another place to try is any big RV and ATV stores, many carry them as accessories.

My wife says she has seen them at Walmart.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Truck stops.You pay thru the nose but u should b able to find there.

Top Bottom