break in???

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed on here somewhere before but not sure if the same ecm is i the 14s as the 13s. How long does the break in take and is it that slugish? Is the period based purely on mileage or does it depend on motor loads? Cheers

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never noticed a difference in sled performance after the magical break in period. it is deffinetly no slouch on breakin. some experience a few pops and farts at lower elevations but other than that.......

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of different things from nothing to an extra 8-10hp lol. I am thinking the only thing we will see is better fuel and oil mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing is the oil usage I found. Don't do a multi-day trip without a jug of oil while in break-in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
And the information last year was that it was done break-in after 80 liters of fuel.

X2 for the oil consumption. First couple of rides was very noticeable with huge consumption of oil.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the information last year was that it was done break-in after 80 liters of fuel.

X2 for the oil consumption. First couple of rides was very noticeable with huge consumption of oil.
I was told regular timing/ fueling after 80 liters through injectors. Regular oiling after 120 liters.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the break in litres but the 14's will show you on the gauge if it's still in break in or not.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I dont realy care about oil or fuel consumption for break in just didnt want a donkey for the first couple tanks.

Top Bottom