Break in area?

polarischik

Reaction score
Bought a new sled and need to break it in. This is only my second year sledding and need advice where I should go to get my 40 km on it? We are planning on heading out the last weekend of November for a break in day Saturday and Quartz ride Sunday (weather permitting)! Thanks!

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz. Silent and Gorman are all good areas. Silent Def has the longest ride in. But it's a long ways back with the trucks

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't do silent that early waterfall won't be covered unless u know the back way still sketchy. Would stick to quartz till second week of December..

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't say the waterfall won't be covered but if the snow is like last year it will be... that could change with some good early snow falls...

polarischik

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I was thinking quartz wasn't good because the road will be a shorter ride in at that time of year and was looking for an area that was more flat and continual. Any ideas?

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could try Forster, little longer ride in than Quartz and you can stick to the valley if you want flat riding for a day.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I was thinking quartz wasn't good because the road will be a shorter ride in at that time of year and was looking for an area that was more flat and continual. Any ideas?

Just ride in and out a couple of times. Be a good safe place to put on some miles.

Eric4Prez

Reaction score
after a ride in on a long trail, (hopefully snow covered) youll be just about ready.

40km is nothing. just don't go full throttle. couple snaps here and there are alright however.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to take away from the Golden thread........ but CNP and Corbin are good places for the break in ride too

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd probly stick to quartz. And Def keep the throttle moving. You want to break it in how your ride. Not at a constant 5000rpm. Just my thoughts

polarischik

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. Might just ride the Quartz ride in a couple times. Might be able to get out before the end of the month at this rate too!

Top Bottom