Boyesen vs. V-Force

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that this topic has been arond for a wile but I have to ask "Which reeds are better" Boyesen or V-Force? I am looking for personal opinions and experiances. Both of my sleds could use new reeds and i am going shopping for new ones.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your gonna get all kinds of opinions, i have boysens, on both an 08 xp and a 04 summit x, have a set of v force on a 99 mxz 600 and would not purchase them again. the response is greater with the boysens in my opinion, more power ?able. reeds alone improve throttle response, power some. my opinion only, take it as you will.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, was there a noticable differance once you installed each set of Boyesen's Reeds? My 2000 summit has over 6600km on it and the 08 has 3200km, so i think its time to upgrade.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, was there a noticable differance once you installed each set of Boyesen's Reeds? My 2000 summit has over 6600km on it and the 08 has 3200km, so i think its time to upgrade.

Does your '08 still have original motor? For doo's V-force all the way work very well, and for cats boyesen. The v-force dont make much difference on the cats and neither really do the boyesen but they do make a little so if i'm replacin reeds in a cat i put boyesen's incause they are same or cheaper than stock. I have heard several stories of guys that have put boyesen's in the doo's and there fuel milage goes in the tank. The original 800R motor in '07 was originally designed to run v-force but then doo decided they didn't want to pay that much to vforce so they changed there advertising to a vforce type reed.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your '08 still have original motor? For doo's V-force all the way work very well, and for cats boyesen. The v-force dont make much difference on the cats and neither really do the boyesen but they do make a little so if i'm replacin reeds in a cat i put boyesen's incause they are same or cheaper than stock. I have heard several stories of guys that have put boyesen's in the doo's and there fuel milage goes in the tank. The original 800R motor in '07 was originally designed to run v-force but then doo decided they didn't want to pay that much to vforce so they changed there advertising to a vforce type reed.

Glen,

yes and no, my block is original but the bottom end has been rebuilt twice, the reeds are original (hope that answers the question). in your opinon how do the V-Force stack up for quality, I have heard of instances of the carbon fiber has cracked and chiped away after a wile. Is the preformance gains worth it for the money? how much are you asking for a set for an 08 XP 800???

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quality wise i think the vforce a very good. As ffor price i think they are about 340.00 this year.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the 08 xp there is an improvement in the throttle response, have heard lots of read breakage on v force, there is a difference in reed design between the two, my money is on the boysen, seem to work well for me, as v-force were a waste in my opinion. can't see ever having them in any sled i own.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion V-force has the durability issues. I personaly have never seen a boyseen reed chip. As far as performance i cant feel the difference.

thorrider11

Reaction score
I have v force in my xp and so far so good. No real power gain just a littel bit of response.

Top Bottom