Bought my first Can am!

SUMMIT 700

Reaction score
Just bought my first Can am. 2011 outlander 800 xtp. Picking it up tomorrow, what mods to do first? Got a HMF slip on, what else do you recommend?
Thanks

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snorkles first, rad relocate second, in my opinion the best mod you can do, and then tires. Plug your rad once or twice then you'll see why I like the relocate. Also since you have a pipe, upgrade your air filter, get rid of the paper one from stock. Find some trails and mud, begin the action!:beer::beer:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see you are on the dark side!:eek::) haha. have fun and if you don't want to get a feul programmer and learn that then don"t do more than your slip on to the motor. i would strongly suggest to do the twin air foam filter and get rid of the stock paper filter. they do not filter good. niether does the k and n. K and n is good on your car or truck but in very dusty conditions it lets dirt thru. now if you are keeping the stock air filter than get the filter oil made for foam filters. its real tacky to the touch and treat your foam around your stock filter with it. don't use it dry. this should give you way more filtering than the dry foam. hope this helps.

Mill Philler

Reaction score
I just got my 2010 500 Outlander home. (160 km on odo). It's the second fastest color - Red. :) Got it sitting in the garage and my ciggarette smoking has doubled to get out there to peek at it.

rayf01

Reaction score
Witht he new '11 Outlander 650 and 800, it sounds like the air intakes are all at a decent height already correct? Just the CVT exhaust needs to be done, as it seems to be at about mid wheel height? So is there a need to even go to a Stealth Snorkel Kit something like Snorkelyouratv sells? Or if you do that just bumps everything up a little higher?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skid plates I just ordered my set from Utah sports(richochet) for 460 delivered. I priced out at BRP at 575, 100 bucks is a 100 bucks. I still bought my oil from them though 113 bucks ouch.

Top Bottom