Bought a deck and never had one before

Bugs

Reaction score
No bolts slides into the 5th wheel plates can't go anywhere been running it that way for 10 years know.

Bugs

Reaction score
Ferniesnow the tool box can be accessed from the top of the deck has a hinged cutout in the deck. The toolbox also has a 120 litre fuel tank inside it.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome set up...I run the same 5th wheel plates so now I know how my deck will be mounted. Thanks for the pics.

No bolts slides into the 5th wheel plates can't go anywhere been running it that way for 10 years know.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any preference to turnbuckles (brand,quality)? What do F350 owners do in the front of the box? The tie down points are higher in the front end, can a person buy extra short length turnbuckles? Do you buy hook/hook or like a clevis type style on either end?

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as the title says I bought a deck, a sweet aluminum job. The previous owner had it attached using turnbuckles that were attached to the tie down hooks on the four corners of his truck box. This seems to me like it would not be strong enough. Does anyone know if this is a good way to attach the deck? I was thinking bolting it or using a camper type tie down would be stronger. Are there any legal regulations for attaching a deck to a truck box?
I thought this was mine I just sold to a dude, then I saw the post date. Super weird. I had the exact same set up haha.

Wear gloves when working under the deck. The edges are sharp. When I was undoing my turnbuckles, I sliced my knuckle damn near down to the bone. Didn't even notice until I went to wash my hands and the one was all covered in dried blood and a chunk of skin was missing. Haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom