Boss Noss for the PRO RMK

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you sell your kit? how did it work for you? how often were you re-filling?

I did not sell the kit, it works so good I think I will keep it. If it was a good day you would fill the bottle daily. I would say 10-15mins button time. The only problem with nitrous is that I want to be on the button all the time and it will run out real quick that way.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ran to of these kits last year worked great. We were running the 60hp shot but then went to the 40hp shot cause we were hitting the rev limiter. One of the kits did have the nitrous solenoid jam so if installing i would install another solenoid for a failsafe.

gbollingberg

Reaction score
I have a 13 800 and think i want to the the Noss route and have never used it before so would like some help. For starters i noticed the boss kit come with an extra fuel can is this necessary i have never heard of this? Next what weights should i be running at 8000ft and what size bottle fits good in these sleds. Thanks

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off the extra fuel bottle is necessary if you want to have a running motor after you push the button. LOL
The extra fuel is needed BECAUSE Nitrous is essentially liquid oxygen, so if you didnt add fuel it would lean out and blow the engine.
The bottle in my install is a 5lb bottle.
I ran about 69.5grams of weight at 6500' so 8000' won't to much different.
If your new to Nitrous I would suggest watching the videos on BossNoss Nytrous for ATV Motorcycle Snowmobile - Nitrous Systems - BossNoss Nytrous for ATV Motorcycle Snowmobile

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Thanks. I heard form a friend that they have programmers the push more fuel thru and get rid fro the need for the extra fuel can. Is this true?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boondocker uses a fuel programmer. Its your choice but IMO Boss noss as a stand along unit is good to me. You can set this system up on a bench and it will work you dont need anything from the sled. I strongly suggest you watch the videos they will answer way more then I want to. I talking the ones that explain how it works and why they think they have the best kit.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I heard form a friend that they have programmers the push more fuel thru and get rid fro the need for the extra fuel can. Is this true?

There are a few advantages to boss nos. They run an extra fuel bottle so you don't have to run race fuel in you tank to up the octane (to reduce the chance of detonation) instead you put c12 in that container and thats it. I ran 70lb of nitrous last year and spent $20 bucks on race fuel. Instead of mixing it in my tank every time i fill up. Also the boss noss kit is a low pressure nitrous set up only running 300psi instead off 1000 so you dont have to worry about your bottle being hot. I hope this helps a litte. Chris at parkland motorsports could tell you lots about it he ran it last year to.

on the fence

Reaction score
The extra bottle on the boss system do they run 1 to 1 as 1 bottle of nos to 1 bottle of fuel? or do I have to carry extra fuel for the fuel bottle? Boss system looks good

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The extra bottle on the boss system do they run 1 to 1 as 1 bottle of nos to 1 bottle of fuel? or do I have to carry extra fuel for the fuel bottle? Boss system looks good

The little bottle of fuel it comes with in the kit last 2 10lb bottles of nitrous

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The little bottle of fuel it comes with in the kit last 2 10lb bottles of nitrous

Just Remember to mix the gas with oil for the little bottle.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm needing an up close pic of the bottle mount ?
Does it rivet onto the overstructure ? Thanks

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a picture of that, I guess I could get one. It's really not that hard, it is riveted to the over structure. It comes straight down from there. The material that I used is light enough to manipulate easy. I think 1/8" thick.

gbollingberg

Reaction score
This is how i mounted mine. I used hose clamps to fasten the top because i didnt wanna drill thru carbon fiber structure. Then i used the old exhaust spring mount to fasten teh bottom. The gas bottle is mounted right to the foot guard no modification needed.
ResizedImage_1355699285249.jpg

ResizedImage_1355699308976.jpg

ResizedImage_1355699266215.jpg

2012-12-16_15-39-55_513.jpg

Aker

Reaction score
Does the kit come with the bracket to mount the nozzles in the airbox?

gbollingberg

Reaction score
Yes but i welded a piece in the middle of them so i could mount them right to the rubber boots without them moving around.

Top Bottom