Boot lace replacement

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up a shoelace for my Motorfist Stomper 2 boots? It measures around 9' long. Mine split in the middle. Preferably a local place.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up a shoelace for my Motorfist Stomper 2 boots? It measures around 9' long. Mine split in the middle. Preferably a local place.

Silly question but did you try to tie a knot and make the two pieces into one again? Back when I was poor my granny taught me that trick until we could save enough for a new pair. Sound like Lem giving a little advice?????

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way I could find laces for mine was to tie 2 sets together. Just put the knot in the centre at the bottom. Skate laces will work but the only ones I found are white and cotton that freeze cock stiff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I needed laces for my hiking boots( longer laces), i looked all over and found cabellas had some.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha so funny as I just went through this with my stompers on the weekend in Fernie. Tried Marks and no luck and then walked into a snowboarding shop and they had a whole box of Dakine replacement snowboarding laces and all sorts of colors! $5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you went to Princess auto and tried Parachute cord, or what ever you call them. I seen they had some a while back that looked the same size of a lace.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to a local ski/snowboard shop. They'll have replacement laces for board boots which will work for your boots.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silly question but did you try to tie a knot and make the two pieces into one again? Back when I was poor my granny taught me that trick until we could save enough for a new pair. Sound like Lem giving a little advice?????

I don't think it would work well. Couple problems. One, the outer red sleeve is naturally also cut at the same point, and on both halves the sleeve is creeping towards the natural end of the lace, but it is secured there so it bunches up. And it migrates and bunches up when I loosen-tighten the laces, making a huge ball of sleeve that makes the lace hard to work with. Other problem is the split is about 1/3 into it, so I can't put the knot at the bottom middle of the boot, so it will have to be pulled through the eyelets multiple times in the loosen-tighten cycle.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The metal piece on my stomper 2s cut a lace too I used the longest Kevlar ones from marks. They're a bit short but I wasn't using the top holes anyway. They lasted half a season before coming apart too

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

timmus

Reaction score
The metal piece on my stomper 2s cut a lace too I used the longest Kevlar ones from marks. They're a bit short but I wasn't using the top holes anyway. They lasted half a season before coming apart too

my stompers do the same to my laces

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stomper 3s got rid of the metal piece in the eyelet

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, It may be good to have a spare set on hand if finding replacements is a PITA. I'd better add it to the list of "stuff" that I need to pickup!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't think it would work well. Couple problems. One, the outer red sleeve is naturally also cut at the same point, and on both halves the sleeve is creeping towards the natural end of the lace, but it is secured there so it bunches up. And it migrates and bunches up when I loosen-tighten the laces, making a huge ball of sleeve that makes the lace hard to work with. Other problem is the split is about 1/3 into it, so I can't put the knot at the bottom middle of the boot, so it will have to be pulled through the eyelets multiple times in the loosen-tighten cycle.

Laces sure aren't like they used to be. Who'd a thunk?

polarman

Reaction score
Throw the boots in the bush. get some that your feet don't get soaked in....eg:Klim :) I have to pairs of Motorfists laying around...the original set that leaked and the warranty ones they replaced them with JUNK

Top Bottom