Boost-It Turbo kit Proto

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Boost-It prototype turbo kit.

Since we have the fueling nailed for these sleds we decided it would be in our best interest to build full turbo kits. This kit has a water to air airbox on closed loop, electronic boost controller, cold air intake, 2871R turbo, 2.5 downpipe to 3 inch muffler, and a few other odds and ends.

We have addressed many of the common issues with Pro turbo's like low voltage, poor transition in to boost, heat sinking engines, hitting Det, and fuel cutting at wide open.

We rode this sled for 4 days last weekend along with two HM water to air kits, and it as good or better than the HM in every way.

The 3 Pro's that we had never hit Det in 4 days of riding. We credit this to our new Tmap intercepter that allows the factory ecu to read boost and add extra fuel to the stock injectors the split second that boost is detected. This way the top end gets the fuel that is needed when the throttle is opened quickly.

We will be trying 2 more different turbo's including a new GTX Garrett with billet wheel. Once we confirm the turbocharger we will be using then final pricing will be announced. We will likely be offering a more price friendly non intercooled kit too.

Attachments

• P3020099.jpg
    P3020099.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • P3020101.jpg
    P3020101.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,633
  • P3020102.jpg
    P3020102.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,644
  • P3020104.jpg
    P3020104.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,642
  • P3020105.jpg
    P3020105.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,640

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! Niel I hope you put the tunnel brace back on the inside??? and If you didnt you need to. You can shave a bit off for it to fit on the inside.

Last edited:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Sweet. Is that a battery by the exhaust? what kind of boost numbers were you running and what fuel?

NM

Reaction score
Nice!!! Niel I hope you put the tunnel brace back on the inside??? and If you didnt you need to. You can shave a bit off for it to fit on the inside.
Good eye! I will have to see what the boys did with those before this thing get hucked down a chute.

NM

Reaction score
Looks Sweet. Is that a battery by the exhaust? what kind of boost numbers were you running and what fuel?
Yes it's a antigravity lithium battery for the e-start. It weighs 1.3 lbs.
We started at 7 lbs and ran it as high as 9 on 50/50 C-12 and pump prem. I am heading back out tomorrow and will turn it up a bit more.

I did forget to mention that the entire kit is built in Alberta. People that have had to deal with some of the American companies can agree that it can have it's hurdles.

WesG

Reaction score
When its ready Neil give me a call with pricing and availability. Also install if you would not mind. Thx Wes

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
right on Neil!! kudos to you and the team! looks like you guys did your homework and learnt from others mistakes. glad you used a garrett instead of the aero :)

planning on making kits for the other 3 in the future?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id be curious on the price of a non intercooled pump gas unit when you get them all done and ready to go

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled and kit any thoughts of doing a comp turbo and get ride of the oil tank then you can count me in. As i am checking a 13.

NM

Reaction score
Nice sled and kit any thoughts of doing a comp turbo and get ride of the oil tank then you can count me in. As i am checking a 13.
I have looked in to the Comp turbo, and am not totally convinced that turbo is ready for the snowmobile world yet. The other problem is dealing with Comp in the US. If we ever had to deal with warranty then it may become an issue.
I would build you a custom application though if you wanted to try it. I would ask you to supply the turbo though.
Thanks

NM

Reaction score
right on Neil!! kudos to you and the team! looks like you guys did your homework and learnt from others mistakes. glad you used a garrett instead of the aero :)

planning on making kits for the other 3 in the future?
Thanks!
I will let TSS look after the Cat and E-tech at this point.

I rode this sled for 4 more days and it is pretty awesome for a 2 stroke. I must admit it is better than I thought it would be.

I ran in to a couple guys with competitor make Pro turbo kits and they were in shock how our sled ran compared to theirs. We do have a 3x174 though so that makes a difference.
When a Pro can run with a 270MCX Nytro in a uphill drag race it really opens some eyes.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and many thought it could never happen, how is it comparing to the etec turbo ...

NM

Reaction score
We will have this sled at Yamafest along with a few other Pro's running our fuel system.

We will be running at a few chutes and see how it compares to the Yammies.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will have this sled at Yamafest along with a few other Pro's running our fuel system.

We will be running at a few chutes and see how it compares to the Yammies.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom