Boost it turbo doo kit..

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've watched the video three times I can't figure out what sound replacement you're talking about Fred.

Maybe he is talking about " sound replacement for Aerocharger" his?
I have no idea either??
Could care less . If and when I buy a 2 stroke turbo it will be Boost it.
Alberta and Canadian based means a lot . IMO

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've watched the video three times I can't figure out what sound replacement you're talking about Fred.
Think he's talking about the drone shot, the new phantoms don't record audio so its just an audio clip from a recorder or different camera

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think he's talking about the drone shot, the new phantoms don't record audio so its just an audio clip from a recorder or different camera

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Yeah I hear it now. I was watching at work and didn't want to crank it. Sounds like it's from his helmet cam as you can hear snow hitting it.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the video. Was going to take this weekend off. Now I am thinking twice!

Last edited:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the Alt compensator kit he's running? Neil said in another forum he was running an un intercooled system at 4-6 pounds. Boost it only lists two kits for ski doo. So must be?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out finnally with three boost -it doo kits, one non intercooler boost-it doo kit, and a few boosted Polaris kits.. All on equal 174 tracks and skids

Gotta Give Neil credit on well set up and clean intercooled sleds, kits all seamed to work well and pulled hard, some still on break in and great track speeds, ...we pulled tree lines, shoots and anything else we could find in the fog over the three days

the non intercooled sled ran very clean it sounded and spooled real strong, very impressive in the trees, Wish we could of seen it on a few big pulls to compare to inter-cooled sleds.. The boosted Polaris was also very impressive..

good job boost-it for building a bad ass doo kit

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This coming from fast Freddy?...They must really rock, how did yours compare to them Fred?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They we're all fairly close, can't really compare till they have their break- ins over and clutching dialed in.. Their still some clutching left on the table I think.. I had used the Impuse and it was dialled in very well..

This coming from fast Freddy?...They must really rock, how did yours compare to them Fred?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out this last week for 4 days, we had a few boost it, tss, four aero chargers, and a few impulse kits, and a few strong n/a 872s.. And a turbo 1200.. All with 174s and had daily new deep snow

Over four days we got to see how everything stacked up and ran, climbing and rolling all sorts of shoots, tree riding and
stuff, all sleds broke in with similar boost

all boosted machines were fairly close in over all performance, bigger drivers and good skids stood out over the one stock skid and stock drivers like you would think it should

it seamed aerochargers were playing with fuel controllers more with the wet warmer weather we had, trying to dial in a/f.. Once set up, a few ran very very hard..1200 had some fuel pressure inconsistantces last day..

tss was the insta boost and very clean, little more ski lift with the easy ride skid..the boost-'it ran very good... Bit more down low stumble, maybe a w/a thing.. We did see a non w/a boost it and it was cleaner down low but lacked up high in longer pulls we had thought.. Racers edge skid seamed for most part to be doing a great job

The carbon 400lb carb 872cc sled ran very strong and its power to weight was not far off the turbos performance, Nexteck Carbon skid kepted the skids down well.. Etec 872 also ran good, fun in the trees

impulse seamed to pull some of the strongest lines, and very consistent listening to others, never missed a beat four days, second Impulse sled, we found a air leak running to boost gauge and once corrected ran similar to other.. A/f ran 12.8 to 13 all day..

it seamed the conditions were not in favour for four strokes, and boosted two strokes stood out for this trip

all in all can't really go wrong with any of the kits and location of dealer is always important, we meet up with larid Macdougal...dealer for Impuse in Revy one night, and said his impressions were similar to what we seen in performance

had a few stock sleds with us, and was easy to see in the deep snow the performance difference

last day we lost a rod on one of the aeros, but it ran very strong up to then.. No reason we new to cause it..

overall great trip, and very stiff today

08nytro

Reaction score
impulse seamed to pull some of the strongest lines, and very consistent listening to others, never missed a beat four days, second Impulse sled, we found a air leak running to boost gauge and once corrected ran similar to other.. A/f ran 12.8 to 13 all

I would say boost it doos pulled some stronger lines?? Watch from 10 min to 12.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=galYngQ7UmM

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your helmet and goggles made it up messy farther then you did saturday.;)
but on a Boost-it note,Vary happen with the XM Altitude compensator kit just installed,gonna need to upgrade the skid for sure to get them skis down on chute/bigger pulls.great in the tress when ya need the boost...It's there.slick sleeper look and vary clean install.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your so right, having a few to many tequila the night before is bad for picking the right lines.. I'm thinking you must of had the yellow sled, it ran well

have to get out again.. Was a blast

I think your helmet and goggles made it up messy farther then you did saturday.;)
but on a Boost-it note,Vary happen with the XM Altitude compensator kit just installed,gonna need to upgrade the skid for sure to get them skis down on chute/bigger pulls.great in the tress when ya need the boost...It's there.slick sleeper look and vary clean install.

Top Bottom