Boost it turbo doo kit..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen one run this year with changes, how is clutching holding up, reliabilty??

hope to get to see one run this season, heard lots of good things so far about them

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can try mine if your ever in vale Fred, I like it so far

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope to get out with one after christmas, is the fuel controller altitude and temperature sensitive?

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen one run this year with changes, how is clutching holding up, reliabilty??

hope to get to see one run this season, heard lots of good things so far about them

i don't think there are too many out yet. The silicone charge tubes are on back order. Patiently waiting for mine.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, that would make sense why there so quiet here, talking with a owner of one the other day and he said he was out and it ran well, needs some tweaking but was seeing 125 km/hr track speeds.. Can't wait to see it in action

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts and experiences so far with my Boost-it intercooled turbo on the '16 T3 currently on 60% break in

-I too was waiting for a 1 piece silicone charge tube but i didn't want to wait any longer so they just installed their regular tubes, i was absolutely fine with that.
Neil made it clear that if i wanted the one piece tube when they finally arrived that he would install it no problem.

-As for fit and finish, the kit is an improvement from my TSS, very clean looking, gauge cups for gauge cluster instead of exposed wires, No rubbing clamps, tubes, side panels on tubes, Tracks against tunnel dump exhausts(yes had this on my TSS:realmad:) also friendly location of the 02 sensor and oil fill, The 02 sensor on tss is impossible to take out without removing the entire turbo:mad:, also I'm not a fan of rusting exhaust housing so i let TJ know and he had it powder coated black for me:thumbsup2:

-Performance wise, as for the fuel map, it's definitely better, no annoying mid range bog when the boost comes on, Neils map loads up on fuel right in this problem area around 6100 RPM, Neil warned me of a bog on the bottom end until 50% break in, it is noticeable but still happens less then the TSS,(i predict this will improve after break in) it definitely spools faster maybe because of Authentic Garret turbo with Billet wheel vs The KPA turbo.

overall the power throughout the range feels cleaner and comes on faster then the TSS, The TSS pulls extremely well on the top end but i find i have to pump the throttle a few times to get it spooling, there is non of this with the boost it, definitely more of a stock feeling with boost on top.

so far i'm definitely a happy camper with this kit, even running 4-5 pounds through out break in, Neil & TJ were great to deal with, answered all my questions, helped me with issues on my other sled, gave me a shop to work in, even helped me figure out and install a extension my my sled deck, Neil always made sure i was happy leaving the boost it shop, would i do it again? absolutely.

Last edited:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice report Carbon! Thanks a lot for taking the time. I may go see these guys the next year when I buy a new sled. I have never spent $13,000 somewhere, and received such ****ty service. I really don't think the TSS guys wanted to be this way but just got too busy for what they can handle but definitely lost my business. Finally got mine running with someone elses help so next time will be Boost It gu

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had some good luck with my TSS, but I've seen some horror stories with TSS last winter that would make a guy cringe, i would never spend a penny in tappen ever again

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a boost-it it at bakers yesterday, exhaust muffler can go to tunnel dump or stock hole, thought that was cool..

Not to sure on the charge tube rubber ninty off the turbo and pipe length..( hose looks pinched off under no boost, time will tell, has ecm in location for easy adjustment, but thought this kit was non adjustable, Turbo and housing, flanges looks quit beffy, water/air looked good, unit looks clean, they have had five years to define kit, be neat to see it on the hill and compared to others .. Good job

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 551

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had some good luck with my TSS, but I've seen some horror stories with TSS last winter that would make a guy cringe, i would never spend a penny in tappen ever again

Interesting that you say that. I had fairly good luck with their kit in my 12 XP but after removing their kit to sell my sled I was surprised by a few things. I have the same feelings, I would buy boost-it before ever going back to Tappen.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfectly clean, dry, and cooler micro environment for the fuel controller. Just a guess. Wise choice imo.

Top Bottom