boondockers control box

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have one of these on there sled? i like the idea of not having to hook up to a lap top and it seams way more simple than there original box.

would like a review on them.

anyone have put on on a apex?

cheers, mike :beer:

MRFUSION

Reaction score
I have one on my Nypex sled I built last year. I love it, I have 5 maps built and just have one back up reliable map I go to and I can copy it and fine tune if needed. I had the buddies with laptops out every morning trying to play roulette with the weather that day. I usually go all day with out touching it at all. Shad

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on my Nypex sled I built last year. I love it, I have 5 maps built and just have one back up reliable map I go to and I can copy it and fine tune if needed. I had the buddies with laptops out every morning trying to play roulette with the weather that day. I usually go all day with out touching it at all. Shad

any pictures?
could you mount it on the outside of the sled or did you have to go under a panel?
how hard was the install? did it come with maps?

anymore info would be great boondockers site kinda sucks for that.

Thanks! mike

MRFUSION

Reaction score
It is easy to install, just plugs between your injectors and their plugs and then a pressure sensor in the intercooler to read boost. It gets it power from the injector plugs so no extra wiring. It comes with a 9v battery harness so you can play with it when not on the sled. The nice thing is I run the machine pretty much 0 across the board until fuel under boost and then adjust. It idles like stock and runs clean. I mounted it outside the hood on mine and it velcros to the side panel on a flat spot. Never had a problem and easy to adjust. The screen slows down a little when cold but the instructions say its normal. You can leave it in a certain rpm mode and it doesnt reset so you can keep adjusting after a run if needed. The Apex engine is great because you can run up to 22-24 psi on the stock fuel pressure regulator and injectors. The boondocker box work for me.
. Shad

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
It is easy to install, just plugs between your injectors and their plugs and then a pressure sensor in the intercooler to read boost. It gets it power from the injector plugs so no extra wiring. It comes with a 9v battery harness so you can play with it when not on the sled. The nice thing is I run the machine pretty much 0 across the board until fuel under boost and then adjust. It idles like stock and runs clean. I mounted it outside the hood on mine and it velcros to the side panel on a flat spot. Never had a problem and easy to adjust. The screen slows down a little when cold but the instructions say its normal. You can leave it in a certain rpm mode and it doesnt reset so you can keep adjusting after a run if needed. The Apex engine is great because you can run up to 22-24 psi on the stock fuel pressure regulator and injectors. The boondocker box work for me.
. Shad
How do you run so much boost with stock injectors? My Apex would run out of fuel at about 15 lbs with stock injectors and just start going lean. You also need a big turbo and proper intercooler to start running big boost numbers.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I run one on my 08 apex. No problem installed by tabneil on this site. He knows a lot about them, mapping etc. I love it.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
You are right Neil, I only run around 16-18 psi at about 6-7000ft with no problems. I was getting help with setup from Scott and Diamond S and he runs 23psi on stock injectors but he is also unloads at 10,000ft it Utah and goes up from there. I tried the oversized injectors but would slobber down low. I have one customer running your kit (Sean) and he is finally happy with his Nytro. Might be calling you this fall, have some more people with RB3 looking to change over. Shad

Top Bottom