bogging dead firing

yoggibear

Reaction score
i have a 2008 dragon 800 i have had all the eng updates and just got the remapping done because i had a bog at 50 miles per hr now i went snowmobiling and all of a sudden it will only go 25 mi per hr so i put 2 new spark plugs in and it did not help but when i stopped the eng and restarted it it would go like crazy then another 20 minutes later it stopped again same thing would all over again any of u polaris people have any idea what the prob is i would really appreciate it ty

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Yoggiebear you got to un tie that 500 lbs rock from behind your bumper it is slowing you down:nono:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2008 dragon 800 i have had all the eng updates and just got the remapping done because i had a bog at 50 miles per hr now i went snowmobiling and all of a sudden it will only go 25 mi per hr so i put 2 new spark plugs in and it did not help but when i stopped the eng and restarted it it would go like crazy then another 20 minutes later it stopped again same thing would all over again any of u polaris people have any idea what the prob is i would really appreciate it ty

was your check engine light flashing,sounds like it went into limp mode or det mode.Once you shut it down it resets and runs normal till the engine senses detonation again.I would take it back to the dealer and have them check the flash that was installed seems like it didn't take or they installed the wrong one.

yoggibear

Reaction score
Yes ty timbo it is at the dealer now i will know tomorrow because they were test driving it today ty

assaultbear

Reaction score
Changed to the BPR9EIX NGK plugs this winter and made a big difference to my Assault. Bog is even gone.

yoggibear

Reaction score
they remapped it also changed the fuel filter it seems to run ok now but the service manager said i should put a commander in it i dont know i think i will sell this polaris and get a yamaha nytro mtx they are not having any issues i know of a lot of people around me have them and they work fine and will last forever ty marcel

Top Bottom