Blown Engine on 04 Summit 800

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about dirt cheap but completely agree that a new crate engine is the way to go.

You should be able to do it for around $2k, i think that's what i had in with gaskets, new carb boots, coolant, etc.

Here's a pic of my new motor i picked up from Martin. You could have it running in a few hours if you go this way. Should still be awhole thread on my build up in the skid-doo REV section.

How much did you pay for your new engine?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually shortblocks in edmonton are about 1800 + core

at 1300 i think you will be eating your costs for transportation might as well order here

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually shortblocks in edmonton are about 1800 + core

at 1300 i think you will be eating your costs for transportation might as well order here

I don't think it'd cost me $500 to drive there and back though. To browning Montana it's 4 hrs there and back. so I'd guesstimate maybe $200 in gas there and back. So brings me to a $300 savings, plus our dollar is still higher as far as I know. Worth the 8hr drive to me! Then I can get cheap beers! :beer:

But if I could find one in Calgary, or Edmonton for around $1,500 + core I'd just buy here.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bow South is $1,910.99 + $700 core + $150 shipping ouch

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is an outfit down there that you get stuff shipped to and go pick it up from him... reasonable rates as well

Can you PM me the info? That way if I need a short block I can just do that. Or find someone on here that would let me ship it to their place in MT. and I can bring them Canadian beer :D

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY $HIT!!! thats all for a new short block? up here the cheapest is $2300

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I kinda figured I couldn't just switch it over, lol.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I'll pass and just buy a new sled at that price! :p

Pay off my rev then figure out what sled to buy next and keep her as my back up and for friends.

Top Bottom