Blown Belts

realwickedone

Reaction score
Okay new to this whole sledding thing, have bought a 2013 AC M 1100 turbo ltd 163,and a 2013 AC M 800 ltd 163 both new,dont regret my purchase but a little nervous about hearing all these blown belts issues, rather be sledding than sitting on the hill broken down.I have talked to the dealer and he said the alignment is the big issue and when his guys PDI the sleds his guys are very diligent in this part of the set up,he admits he has had a few come back but nothing like he's heard of from other dealers.From what ive read heat build up under the hood seems to be the big issue,would rather be pro-active than re-active, arctic-cat sells hood panels with extra venting just wondering if this would be money well spent,and if the majority of you guys have been doing the extra venting and are still having issues or did it elevate the blown belts??? Would rather spend afew more bucks now than later thanks.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vent it for sure, they get hot, and it will help.Certain sleds from certain dealers seem to be worse. Buddy got a helix update done on his 13 and it has been better since then, he popped one belt after 250 miles and hasn't popped one since, dads 1100 turbo and m8 have been good so far, turbo blew a belt at 230 miles but it was right after spending 2 hrs trying to pull a doo with a broke fuel line outta goat ridge in 2 feet of pow

mountianman

Reaction score
I think the problem is they are so fun to ride that a guy never gives them any time to cool down so the belt finally gives up. :cool:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol that sounds correct to me, any chance I get I hop off my mseries and ride the proclimb, so much fun to ride

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a clutch alignment tool and make sure there aligned, venting is a good thing, new belts aren't cheep!

Ekim

Reaction score
IMO I would run a longer belt. Many different brands selling belts that work very well, just a little longer. I have also added lots of venting and have added exhaust wrap to my exhaust as it gets red hot. Under hood temps way down on mine and no issues with belt temp. Alignment and such should also be done.

Top Bottom