Billet aluminum thermostat housing

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had much experiences with these. I just put one on today and was unsure if it will even help. Heard a couple of positives but still not sure. Thanks, in advance.:):):beer::beer::d:d

maximum1

Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of shops and they were just using a hole saw and needle nose pliers to gut the existing housing.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the engine tech billet thermostat and as far as ive seen it does its job. i was in revelstoke this weekend. sled didnt bog once, my temps were 2 bars riding 3 bars on the trail never higher and we had to ride the road for a while because the road were icy and we didnt wanna risk taking the truck any higher. so in my opinion they work.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh you had some bogging issues before. How was that related to heat or what circumstance made this happen. Thanks,

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the purpos of this is for the XP's. they have to run hotter so they they meet emmisions(cant spell) so they run at 140-150 but dont stay at a constant temp.

the older rev chassies ran at a stedy 120-125 = colder motor more hp

they clame up to a 10hp gain. who knows.. we are putting them on all our demos this year.. We had two x's build one with one with out, for demos and it was a noticable difference betweent the two.. so i guess it works.

good luck!! hope it was money well spent

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one too! From what I heard/read you won't ever notice it if you have it and it sounds like about a 50/50 chance you need it.

It sucks paying 2+ bills to get a sled to run the way its ment to. I hate paying for stuff that doesn't make it go faster or look better! :rant:

It is shiny though

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of shops and they were just using a hole saw and needle nose pliers to gut the existing housing.

Would this not make it run hotter, with no restriction? Curious as to what they are doing?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put one on my 09 X and my buddies 860, the by pass holes in the engine tech stat housing are drilled bigger allowing for more flow of coolant to the heat exchangers thus having a cooler engine Kind of the same theory of not running a stat at all, but with the stat you won't have to worry about too much cooling and run a risk of cold seizures.
Noticed the exhangers heated up faster in the garage after the install compared to stock, now I almost didn't install this in my 09 because the stock 09 stat is a 37 deg C compared to the 42deg c of the engine tech stat, don't know what the 08 were rated at.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im waiting for my to come in, i also notice that after the sled is sitting for a min or two that my temp light is on. Not the factory light but the one on my racepack egt. i will have to check the temp i have set it for but it makes sense that after you park and the motor is hot, when you start up the hot water is at the top of the motor, where the factory temp sensor is. There was talk that it will cause a timing redarding if its to hot, makes sense but dose it default back to stock after the temp drops. anyone know i thought as the temp went up in an overheat situation the timing retarded anyone

thanks
giddyup

Top Bottom