Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon

Reaction score
hey guys it shows that this guy is involved some way in the media, it appears that he is trying to provoke a response form any member on the site, who knows how far he will take it. we are a close group if the bashing continues it just adds fuel to the fire. keep in mind this is a public forum and can be viewed by anyone. just take the high road dont give in, as hard as it is, we know where we all stand. some people are just ignorant to the fact that some bad things have happened, and this is just taking attention away from the real reason we are all here.....to support the families of the fallen and pray for the missing.....respect that please.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
We've unapproved a few inappropriate posts at this time........ There will be a time and a place, but obviously its not now....... Please consider others at this time of need.

it was going downhill quick,sorry. I am still shaking from this tradgedy and feel very emotional right now. I am putting my computer away for the night. Cheers to all the rescuers, SAR,RCMP and anyone who donated time and equiptment to help. You can call on my help anytime it is needed.

me2000

Reaction score
hey guys it shows that this guy is involved some way in the media, it appears that he is trying to provoke a response form any member on the site, who knows how far he will take it. we are a close group if the bashing continues it just adds fuel to the fire. keep in mind this is a public forum and can be viewed by anyone. just take the high road dont give in, as hard as it is, we know where we all stand. some people are just ignorant to the fact that some bad things have happened, and this is just taking attention away from the real reason we are all here.....to support the families of the fallen and pray for the missing.....respect that please.

I have nothing to do with the media.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the amount of peoplethat were there and do the experiance that was there. If this happened with a group of 5 guys. This could lot a lot worse. Big hat off to all the people that put emotion aside and got everyone that they did out.

My deepest thoughts and prayers to the familys friends and loved ones who were cought.

I wasn't there but was supposed to be and I have nothing but chills knowin that could have been me.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How cares if the guy is a media mole. instead of posting and reposting the same junk. everyone needs to get on the news boards with positive comments towards the sledding community. Take some action for once people. this guy is just wasting everyones time and your all falling for it.

argoman

Reaction score
It is a tribute to the sledders on the mountain that their preparation, training and initiative helped lessen the trajedy.

Having witnessed several trajic situations on the highway where motorists having been warned not to venture out, and did, were involved I have yet to see the same level of coordinated effort from fellow motorists similar to that of fellow sledders.

We recognize the dangers, we prepare, and we react when needed.

My symapathies to the families and frriends of those who perished doing what they loved to do.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've unapproved a few inappropriate posts at this time........ There will be a time and a place, but obviously its not now....... Please consider others at this time of need.

You are absolutely right Summitric! People use your heads, put yourself in thier shoes and think. This is truly a sad thing that has happened. For whatever reason we as humans need to put the people who have lost someone or could have lost someone first. I'm sure we will have plenty of time on another day to point fingers BUT NOT RIGHT NOW It could happen to any of us and that is why we care so much today and everyday.

To all those with heavy hearts we pray.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got word that a buddy of mine got caught in it. Him and his group all made it out ok with a few injuries. His sled is a right off but at least he was able to make it home to his family. God Bless everyone who was there and helped out. As for all you people looking to put blame on someone, you don't deserve to be in the same company as the snowmobiler community. I hope the families of the 2 victims can find some peace knowing there was alot of people doing everything in their power to help your loved ones. Sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
if it wasn't for the amount of peoplethat were there and do the experiance that was there. If this happened with a group of 5 guys. This could lot a lot worse. Big hat off to all the people that put emotion aside and got everyone that they did out.

My deepest thoughts and prayers to the familys friends and loved ones who were cought.

I wasn't there but was supposed to be and i have nothing but chills knowin that could have been me.

drew........... I'm sure glad you "chose" to go elsewhere. You know we care deeply for you, and would have worried ourselves silly 'til we knew you were safe.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update: Revelstoke Avalanche

Deepest thoughts go out to the families of these fellow sledders. As someone that went through an avalanche incident and lost my best sledding, atv, fishing, etc. buddy, it is a long road of healing for all involved.

My thoughts are with you all.

Paco.

Wishing we were ridin Slimy!

Looks like the RCMP released the names of the poor 2 that passed. Please follow the link posted above if you want to know the names. RIP

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The two people that passed away in this avy have been friends of mine for quite some time. I know they would have appreciated all of the kind caring words and the huge rescue effort that took place. A lot of real world heroes walk among us and we only see them at the worst of times. Doesn't seem real and i honestly keep thinking the phone will ring and there will have been some mistake made. Always seems to be a couple of things i would have liked to talk to you guys about and i should have made a couple more phone calls. You will both be missed and my sincerest condolences goes out to both your families.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The two people that passed away in this avy have been friends of mine for quite some time. I know they would have appreciated all of the kind caring words and the huge rescue effort that took place. A lot of real world heroes walk among us and we only see them at the worst of times. Doesn't seem real and i honestly keep thinking the phone will ring and there will have been some mistake made. Always seems to be a couple of things i would have liked to talk to you guys about and i should have made a couple more phone calls. You will both be missed and my sincerest condolences goes out to both your families.

good job and kind words ................................

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the two people that passed away in this avy have been friends of mine for quite some time. I know they would have appreciated all of the kind caring words and the huge rescue effort that took place. A lot of real world heroes walk among us and we only see them at the worst of times. Doesn't seem real and i honestly keep thinking the phone will ring and there will have been some mistake made. Always seems to be a couple of things i would have liked to talk to you guys about and i should have made a couple more phone calls. You will both be missed and my sincerest condolences goes out to both your families.

doo you know if they were members on the site?

Most sincere condolensces to their families and friends.........:(

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks for the good words.
Know the feeling well, as next weekend will be a year that we lost our friend Albert. Isn`t a day goes bye that I dont think of him. Missed by many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I got word of this earlier in the day as I, along with my group were sledding in McBride over the weekend. I just want to take the time to send out a HUGE thank you to all the people involved in making this search and rescue happen. I'm sure its mentally and physically tough on alot, and even when a person is 100's of miles away, they will always be thankful knowing there are alot that care, and that our sledders will stick together when in need. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been affected, and I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

At this time it's tough to type alot when a person can barely think straight. I've been checking updates via phone internet all day, and once at my computer was able to see some videos. It not only makes a persons stomach hurt, but it always brings a tear to ones eye, and a ache in their heart.

To all you supporters, sledders, volunteers, and amazing people that have put in their blood, sweat and tears...God Bless and may we remember those for what they loved doing!

Cameron

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they were not. One was an avid rider but the other was out on his first or second trip. Have not been in touch with them a whole lot the last year which probably sheds a little light on my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom