Status
Not open for further replies.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

Originally Posted by themoresnowthebetter
here was the warning issued:

"Danger Level: Extreme-Widespread natural or human triggered avalanches certain"

"Recommended Action: Travel in avalanche terrain should be avoided to low angle terrain, well away from avalanche path runouts"

Could it be any clearer?

I didn't get this information and my bulletin only said "High". It appears that even the reportors feel that this is enough to make it "extreme". News being portrayed from people who weren't there nor understood the situation in the backcountry. Friday the Alpine was High and the rest was "considerable". I think the educational process has worked as evidenced by the rescue effort of the sledders. As mentioned earlier, most had beacons, shovels and probes and knew how to use them. Thank you very much for averting a much greater tragedy.

Once again, condolences, sympathies and prayers for the victims, families, and friends. A special word of mention for the coordinated effort of all concerned; RCMP, S&R, bystanders, pilots, medical personnel, and the community of Revelstoke.

Last edited by a moderator:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i missed the news tonight
does anyone have a link to the vid?

thx

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

i missed the news tonight
does anyone have a link to the vid?

Thx

channel 15..... Ctv new is very good with coverage...... Plays about every 1/2 hour or so.

Global was a very good show tonite. Will be on again at 11:00pm

try global website??

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Globals website is outdated...their "latest" video is the late news from Last evening. hopefully they will get it up soon

aconcernedperson

Reaction score

A family member of mine is one of the most seriously injured and it's pretty bad. Please pray for him. Him and his little 7 yr old boy were there and his son is fine but still in hospital being monitored. They were there with friends and there was also a 9 yr with them. He was released last night with just a broken rib.

I've read many negative things over the last 24 hours so this site was refreshing to read many positive supportive comments.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just to let you know that Ervin McKeen IS from Nanton Alberta and Is one of the most knowledgable riders to that area. He was a very good person to interview in my thoughts.

Saw Ervin at Quartz today, he said by the looks of the hill it looked ready to go so him and his crew hanged back from the bottom. They watched it slide and immediatly went over to help out.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those involved in this tragic event :(

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

As long as the news reports hold true,they figure they have all accounted for. Condolences to the families of the fallen and a quick and full recovery to the injured. A huge THANK YOU to all the sledders onsite who came together and helped rescue those in need and averted a huge disaster.
Once again a huge THANK YOU. I have feinds that were there that I will still be able to ride with in the future because of all of you.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

A family member of mine is one of the most seriously injured and it's pretty bad. Please pray for him. Him and his little 7 yr old boy were there and his son is fine but still in hospital being monitored. They were there with friends and there was also a 9 yr with them. He was released last night with just a broken rib.

I've read many negative things over the last 24 hours so this site was refreshing to read many positive supportive comments.

We're all praying...... best wishes for a full and speedy recovery

If there is anything your family needs this is the place to ask.......

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hopes and prayers for your family! We're all here to support you guys and give you the strength of our thoughts to will your loved ones back to health.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Heard about this while I was out of town. Sends a shiver down you spine. Don't ride Revy much but always thought Turbo was one of the safer climb areas.

My condolences to the families of our fallen sledders and a huge thanks to all those who where there and jumped in to help reduce the loss.:(:(:(

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just watched an interview with a young boy, that was caught in the avy... BROKE my heart watching him TRY to keep it together. That poor kid... I still have tears in my eyes. My heart aches for all involved.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Was on CBC. Kid looked real beat up. Cut on right side of face, eye swollen shut. He had a shocking weekend hope he is OK.
These people and families need some councelling to help them undertstand just how to deal with their feelings in the future
Last year our group of family and friends sure could of used some for sure. So many questions and feelings.

rgutmann

Reaction score

As long as the news reports hold true,they figure they have all accounted for. Condolences to the families of the fallen and a quick and full recovery to the injured. A huge THANK YOU to all the sledders onsite who came together and helped rescue those in need and averted a huge disaster.
Once again a huge THANK YOU. I have feinds that were there that I will still be able to ride with in the future because of all of you.
Again it shows how close the sledding community is and how quickly they are to assist in helping others when in need. Our heart felt condolences to the families to those who were lost and a speedy recovery to those who were injured.

doostylz

Reaction score

Here is a link to the latest on global. As they say no news is good news and no more fatalities so far. Lets keep the thoughts and prayers going out everyone. We are a huge strong community (sledders) with all us keeping postive thoughts postive endings will hopefully prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom