Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

Condolences to all involved...Not the time to be laying blame or pointing fingers...we all take a risk everytime we headout to sled and I'm sure nobody planned on this happening. Hopefully the fatality #'s don't increase today when search and rescue goes back in there...praying everyone is accounted for this morning.....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i just watched the cbc news and they litterly quoted people from this thread! i remember the exact quotes from reading them last night and bam on the news today! they even said the persons log in name too.

toddsphotos

Reaction score

thanks alot, mabey keep your opinions to yourself at least till everyone knows what is going on, this has affected every single person in the sledding comunity. toddsphotos if you join s&m just to spout off you should seriously unjoin cause we dont need that attitude here right now.

I always thoughts forums were the place to post freely. Having been buried myself, in the past, helped with rescues, and lost close friends i know how hard this will be for alot of folks. i am just spell bound at how it all went down... I know this event was planned far in advance, it just seems like our risk to fun ratio is going the wrong way..

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My DEEPEST condolenses to the Families and Friends involved in this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go to you ALL. To all the S&R and other volenteers, GOD BLESS YOU.... may God comfort you during this terrible time. R.I.P.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

I always thoughts forums were the place to post freely. Having been buried myself, in the past, helped with rescues, and lost close friends i know how hard this will be for alot of folks. i am just spell bound at how it all went down... I know this event was planned far in advance, it just seems like our risk to fun ratio is going the wrong way..

we all understand this,its in the back of our minds but this is not the time for critiscism.

dwillowguy

Reaction score

My condolences to all my fallen fellow snowmobiles and their families involved. We are a close knit group of people and it hurt's when you hear of this kind of tragedy.

Attachments

• flower_screen01.jpg
    flower_screen01.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The media and environmentalists are like vultures right now. They need to have some respect for the people, families and friends involved in this. I read a quote on the CBC website after the story that talked about sleds being destructive to the environment and other quotes blaming the Big Iron Shootout. Nobody needs to lay blame for an incident such as this. Seems to me the people who do not like our sport take advantage of situations like this to make the sport look bad. We also need to remember that the media will take our quotes and modify them to suit the type of story they want to put across.

My condolences to everyone, HUGE thanks to all involved in the rescue efforts, and shame on anyone twisting this into something it isn't.

outlaw454

Reaction score

That being said my heart and soul goes out to all family and friends that where involved!!

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca

My deepest condolences go out to the victims, their families, and everyone effected by this tragety! my thoughts and prayers are with you!

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my prayers and thoughts too all the families involved.

booster

Reaction score

we should all be focusing on our friends and families dont let the media get us all screwed up.Lets hope for the best today ignore the media hype until all the facts are known. Three of our brothers are confirmed as fatalities lets put our energy to supporting thier families as they are the ones who need our help now.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

watch your language, it is a big mess but you can't swear on this site, and yes watch what you say as it could get repeated in a place you don't want it to be.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Truly a sad day. My greatest sympathies to those involved!! :(

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All of us at spindrift offer our deepest condolences to all involved and our prayers go out for all those involved.. Hopin to hear good news and hear numbers come down today.. Very sad day for all..

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

News conference on cbc right now

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Although I feel for all the victims involved let this be a lesson learned for everyone. As the sledding season nears the end the risk of avalanches increases exponentially. I can understand why this event is held in the later season. It allows ALL sleds to appear better than they really are. Ive often said events like this should be held in mid January. Why because it is a true measure of the capability of a sled and alot SAFER for everyone involved.

Zig Zag

Reaction score

The media is makin a mess of this. The situation was handled as best it could have been from what has been reported. Probe line was on the situation immediatly search and rescue were no doulbt in there within an hour and heli support arrived right away. Our sled community had up 60 sleds and people involved in a major slide and right now we have 3 fatalities. Exellent job on everybodys part on scene. As for the BS about enviro damage we have the lowest scale of impact on the enviro, Our tracks vanish we pack out what we pack in and practice it. Any mess left in the past from these events the local clubs pick up after not that this is good but again the community takes care of itself as a whole. Shi& like this spin the medias putting on our sport is what closes area and creates hassles for us all.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Our condolences to evryone in involved. Lets all pray this doesn't get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom