Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadz

Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

I love this sport. Especially in the mountains. I've been riding the mountains for 14 years now. Due to the frequent avalanches, I've been a little leery on going lately. I was going to take my wife out next weekend for the first time... I think we're done!!! Too risky!!! I can't imagine what those people are going through!!! I decided that I am not going to put my wife or myself in that danger. SUCKS!
My heart goes out to everyone involved in this tragedy!

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.

this is some of the worst news i have ever heard... iam speechless. my thoughts and prayers to everyone involved... this is a sad sad day for our sport.. wish i could do more to help out,:(:(:(

kelly.w

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not good news at all. My regards to all those involved. And rest in peace to the men that didnt make it back home.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh my god!!! I am speechless. RIP to those killed and best wishes for a speedy recovery for those injured. A huge thank-you to all involved in the rescue.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CBC is quoting this thread

Be careful what you say.

ajay

Reaction score

I am so sorry for the victims, may god be with you all. I was heading there again this year but change of plans last minute.
On another note please be carefull what you say on here as CBC is QUOTING it directly and making it into something it is not. They are making it like sledders are taking huge risks in souped up machines and participating in sledding gatherings???? There showing the movie footage with just wrecks and rolls,,,not the good stuff,,no never the good stuff.

God Bless.
Aj

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

someone posted a thread from snow and mud.... i dont think it is cbc but people posting there comments

ajay

Reaction score

someone posted a thread from snow and mud.... i dont think it is cbc but people posting there comments

Yes read the quotes on the screen on CBC just 1/2 hr ago from this thread. Susan Bu####er reporting.
Aj

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

holy sh*t......
I just opened the laptop, and saw a write up on yahoo
I opened this forum up to see this....

I am speechless........feel sick........

why the hell would they continue w the BIS if conditions were like this AND w the advisory the Canadian Avy Center put out????
does everyone have special hero capes to save them from this??

I certainly hope it was not triggered from a dude highmarking another to get him unstuck
# 1 rule when helping someone out.....arrgghh.....this just agrivates me to no end

anyways...no conclusions to be drawn until the true story comes out

my condolances to all invloved and their families
god bless and may peace be w you

enis

toddsphotos

Reaction score

As sad as this is, All the warnings were there...no one needed do die yesterday, yet so many families will be affected. With all the education and information available, this is a shame. Accidents do happen, however, this one, this scale did not need to happen.

Flicka

Reaction score

Deepest condolences to all involved. There really are no words to express the sadness we all feel about this tragic event.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

don;t wana pi$$ off peeps but is was dumb to hold the event in conditions where $hit's sliding if you look at it funny......new this was going to happen...called it this morning....hey maierch....hope for best.

sincerly Carbon Mark

You said it, another completely preventable incident. With all the warnings and advisories from the CAC this event should've been cancelled.

Here's hoping for a better outcome than what's being speculated around here...

BU1

Reaction score

I certainly hope it was not triggered from a dude highmarking another to get him unstuck

enis

Someone reported that is exactly what happened.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Condolences, sympathies, and prayers to the victims, survivors, families and friends. The ache in the bottom of my stomach is unbelieveable.

Special prayers to the rescue crew for the work they did yesterday and the work remaining in the days to come. It will not be easy. God Bless everyone involved.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In all fairness this thing would have been impossible to stop, people planned this weekend a year in advance...This is not the time for blame.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

As sad as this is, All the warnings were there...no one needed do die yesterday, yet so many families will be affected. With all the education and information available, this is a shame. Accidents do happen, however, this one, this scale did not need to happen.

You said it, another completely preventable incident. With all the warnings and advisories from the CAC this event should've been cancelled.

thanks alot, mabey keep your opinions to yourself at least till everyone knows what is going on, this has affected every single person in the sledding comunity. toddsphotos if you join s&m just to spout off you should seriously unjoin cause we dont need that attitude here right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zig Zag

Reaction score

Lets all have some respect for the families involved with this situation no finger pointing or blame is needed at this time:nono:. The sport we all love comes with some risk all you can do is your best to manage it. A big thanks to all the search and rescue people aiding in the rescue.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i heard somewwhere that they are taking names of people that are available go and aid in search efforts..... they will be up there for dayz digging. i was wondering if anyone has information on this as i am close to revey and am avaliable to go and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom