Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

Agreed. Not sure how many people even know. I wouldnt of known without this site (I <3 this place)

aabeware

Reaction score

just talked to a friend in revy.. but my immediate fam is still un-accounted for.. 3 ppl.. so all updates would be appreciated.. my friend said to expect it to be a late night for anyone you know up there as no one will leave til they know everyone ok, plus there is a large involvement by rescue so they may want to talk to people to know what happened etc.. prayers for all of us who know people up the hill

i pray for you and all people up there

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There will be lots of speculation and media reports over the next few hours. I haven't had any response to the texts to my friends just yet, but one can only hope that the reports of fatalities are not accurate.

The original reports came out shortyly after 3pm. Lets hope everyone comes home safe.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CTV news just said 1 confirmed dead and up to 12 missing/buried still. Large search is underway.

aabeware

Reaction score

just talked to a friend in revy.. but my immediate fam is still un-accounted for.. 3 ppl.. so all updates would be appreciated.. my friend said to expect it to be a late night for anyone you know up there as no one will leave til they know everyone ok, plus there is a large involvement by rescue so they may want to talk to people to know what happened etc.. prayers for all of us who know people up the hill

my 3 are ok :) prayers for everyone else still waiting!

glad to hear your family is all okay hope many others get the same news

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

This is scary guys, I'm reading news reports all over saying that there had been 10 prior slides in the area since FRIDAY afternoon.

My thoughts and prayers are out there hoping everyone is okay, and that this is not as devestating as it could be.

iNews 880 On Radio. On Line. On Demand. - Edmonton CHQTAM

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

say a prayer for the safety of all fellow snowmobilers and spectators..

godspeed rescue teams...god speed...

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CTV news update - 3 dead, 2 critically injured, and 15 missing/buried - the story is getting worse as the CTV BC news cast goes on tonight. Getting a pretty sick feeling about this one people - the numbers are getting very bad very quickly.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just got an update from a friend in Revy and some who were at the scene, its not sounding good, still no word on how many missing and there were many people injured as they were pushed into the trees. :confused:

Its tough because no one really knows who is actually missing and who is just still out. It will be a long night for many.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and sadly the choppers can no longer fly because its gotten dark!! watching global bc at home and they said revy rcmp reported 1 death, 12 seriously injured and many unaccounted for. Gonna be hard to find out whose most accurate over the next day or so.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good luck and thanks to the responders.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OH f$$$!!! THis is not good!!!!! i guess we'll know by 11 pm on the news finel hour!!!!

My prayers go out!!!!
PLease keep us posted!!! Im siting in salmon arm right now, i was going to get dad to drive down today.......... Holy crap hey?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

RIP too all that have fallen and get well soon to the lucky ones that made it out

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My thoughts and prayers to all involved. God give the rescuers the strength to continue in what sounds like a huge search!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sounds like mass confusion up there right now. was going to head that way to help but sounds like there not letting anyone up! got my name on a list to go help if need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom