Big changes in Vancouver???????

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Cherry was saying the same thing on Coaches Corner tonight.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
as long as they have the sisters playing they will never do well in the playoffs

I totally agree. They are too predictable. They can't rise to another level and change up what they doo. It is too easy to defend against their predictability or lack of predictability.

Alain will be fine and if he plays his cards right he will get his name on the Stanley Cup before anyone with Vancouver does....IMHO

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is, you can't just fire a player. It is easy enough to just fire a coach. Vignault's teams have historically had problems scoring, and that is Vancouver's problem right now. Bring in another coach and see if he can work with what is already in place. If they don't see results next year, you can bet that there will start to be player changes.
Vancouver is not built as a playoff team (Boston proved that, LA last year, and San Jose this year), and player changes need to change to make that happen, but it's too difficult to make over night player changes.
Honestly, I don't see Alain ever getting his name on a cup, not as a head coach.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree he has been out coached so many times in the playoffs. Boston was a prime example. The drop back entry system into the offensive zone on the pp is another. The whole team is far too predictable and easy to defend against when it really matters

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who's the next coach? Lindy Ruff maybe? He has a pretty good track record at getting teams to over achieve.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken,

My father-inlaw and Lindy are second cousins and he talks to Lindy's dad every couple of weeks. I made the same comment about Lindy coming to Van but he said probably not going to happen because of Gilles. On the other hand maybe all smoke and mirrors too. Lots of positioning going to take place over the summer.

So who's the next coach? Lindy Ruff maybe? He has a pretty good track record at getting teams to over achieve.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken,

My father-inlaw and Lindy are second cousins and he talks to Lindy's dad every couple of weeks. I made the same comment about Lindy coming to Van but he said probably not going to happen because of Gilles. On the other hand maybe all smoke and mirrors too. Lots of positioning going to take place over the summer.

I think the world of Lindy Dennis. I watched him play in Lethbridge for the Bronco's back in the day. He was one of my favorites on the team with his hard nosed work ethic. I had a chance to meet him after a Sabres game at the Saddledome. A friend of mine works for the Flames and got my son and I down to the dressing rooms as my son wanted to meet the Dominator. I visited with Lindy and he is just a down to earth guy and seemed to really enjoy visiting with me talking about his Junior days. He has always got more out of a team than most others and I think he would be a perfect fit for the Canucks who tend to be chronic under achievers.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Last night the TSN crew were talking about the Canucks getting permission from the Leafs to talk to the Marlies coach (don't remember his name), maybe Eakins(?).

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there used to be a player in the league named Dallas Eakins.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right ken about lindy. Met him several times at family gatherings. Definitely a different kind of guy in person than seeing his serious side behind the bench. My brother in law and his family went to buffalo and Vancouver during a few games and were invited to the locker room.

Top Bottom