Big Blue/Holy Grail

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Just was wondering if a guy was able to get into big blue yet. Looking at coming sledding this weekend and was hoping a guy can get in there.

Has the Valley slid yet?

Can a guy get into temple as well.

Thanks in advance

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I am sure that you can make it in, but it is always iffy in terms of avalanches, a lot of steep slopes & terrain traps, but awesome alpine riding, & generally deep untouched snow.
Temple? Can you elaborate? I have never heard of that name

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
I may be wrong on the name Temple.
The are Im thinking of is right when you get to the first tree line for heading in big blue you can take off to the left and up a little climb that can get nasty if enough people have climed up there.
Thought it was temple but I may be wrong

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just was wondering if a guy was able to get into big blue yet. Looking at coming sledding this weekend and was hoping a guy can get in there.

Has the Valley slid yet?

Can a guy get into temple as well.

Thanks in advance

I'd probably wait until avy conditions settle out alot. It's just one big terrain trap getting in there...chances of getting nuke'd from all angles!! Just sayin'... I know we generally wait for a green light on the bulletin...and then still use smart and cautious avalanche terrain travel. Just because it's come down once...doesn't mean it won't come down again. We've seen many paths run full on multiple occasions this year.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked the avy conditions and they dont look good all over.
I think we will stick to our regular ares until like you said we get the green light on the bulletin

Top Bottom