Beware

rider1

Reaction score
On dec30 someone cut the lock on my receiver for my trailer. I think my trailer would have been gone if they found my jack to lift it off the ball. I guess it was to heavy to lift so they left it.

copper xp

Reaction score
Buddy just had there two place trailer and 2 xp sledding stolen last night. In the sandman hotel parking lot. Bastards

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy just had there two place trailer and 2 xp sledding stolen last night. In the sandman hotel parking lot. Bastards
Revelstoke a favourite haunt for sled thieves. I'd stay home before I stayed there.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, being a good samaritan, drove by the days inn/Monashee, saturday night about 3:00 am, and someone had left their front left ramp door dropped to the ground with all there sled gear in full view,with a nice shiny Polaris pro 800 ready to be slid out the door. So you Saskatchewan boys with the harley trailer be careful, as i closed the door but didn't lock it just in case your keys were inside.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How i would love to catch one of them bastards!!!! He would be the one begging to call the cops cause i sure wouldnt for quite a while!!!!!!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, being a good samaritan, drove by the days inn/Monashee, saturday night about 3:00 am, and someone had left their front left ramp door dropped to the ground with all there sled gear in full view,with a nice shiny Polaris pro 800 ready to be slid out the door. So you Saskatchewan boys with the harley trailer be careful, as i closed the door but didn't lock it just in case your keys were inside.
Maybe they didn't leave it open, could be you showing up scared the wouldbe thieves off. Either way good on you for doing the right thing.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have been awesome if you locked it and the thieves were inside the trailer.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard a number of similar stories from the reve area and cant help think its some locals or people very familure with the town and able to hide/store sleds/trailers instantly.
do you remember the avy at the big iron shoot out acouple of years back. all the recovered sleds where sent to a storage yard and got pillaged big time.
I'm just not hearing these stories in golden. yes sleds and dirt bikes have gone missing, but thats just my naive opinion.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard a number of similar stories from the reve area and cant help think its some locals or people very familure with the town and able to hide/store sleds/trailers instantly.
do you remember the avy at the big iron shoot out acouple of years back. all the recovered sleds where sent to a storage yard and got pillaged big time.
I'm just not hearing these stories in golden. yes sleds and dirt bikes have gone missing, but thats just my naive opinion.

Parking lots full of sleds are like West Edmonton Mall to thieves. One stop shopping and a great selection to choose from. It doesn't matter what town you go to. Thieves are opportunists, don't make it easy for them. Lock up your stuff and park in well lit areas.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And some of those sleds recovered from Boulder were never claimed because they were stolen........
Revy is famous for sleds being ripped off.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I travel with my sled in my truck bed. I don't have a sled deck or trailer, yet. When I park at a hotel, I always make sure I back into a space that makes it difficult for anyone to pull the sled out of the back. Whether that be against a wall or fence. I also have a cable lock through my a-arm to an attachment point in my truck bed. I know there are ways around this (Cut the lock and pull the sled over the side), but if you can do anything to make it more difficult on thieves, they will move on to an easier target.

rider1

Reaction score
Talked to the RCMP they told me 3 units had been stolen that night.

Top Bottom