Best tuner for 6.0L ford?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was my truck, i'd buy that guys superchip for $100.00 and run it in fuel economy mode, or tow mode when pulling trailers/loads...... Download it back into the tuner if/when going in for warranty work. It's probably one of the best and simplest of the tuners to use, and it does make a big difference in performance/fuel economy, for a small price.

Won't the dealer be able to tell that it's been chipped if they look at the computer or something?

Sent from a iPhone

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nope......... If you have it on performance for extended periods of time, there might be some telltale of certain readings going beyond the normal parameters, but on towing or economy mode, you won't have any trouble........ Just be sure to download the tune back into the tuner before any warranty work, because if they have to reflash the ecu, it will erase/damage the tune of the superchip that you downloaded into the truck

chromed

Reaction score
Talking the superchips tuner to BC this week for a guy that is interested in it. If I still have it when I get back I will post an add in the classifieds.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't be happier with my Edge tuner on my 6.0. Have had zero issues and has done exactly what I bought it for. Went with the pillar mount and made it a pretty clean installation. Had a buddy install an edge on his 5.4 gasser and is happy as well, I was pretty impressed with the improvement on that 5.4 actually.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a superchips tuner for a 6L ford sitting around. I sold the truck and still have the turner. $100 and it yours.

Talking the superchips tuner to BC this week for a guy that is interested in it. If I still have it when I get back I will post an add in the classifieds.

If you still have it when you get back, I'll give you a 100 bucks for it, and save the trouble of posting it in the classifieds.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$102.00 for tuner Did egr delete and all I can say is holy ch!t it was lots of work, but also did oil cooler, turbo down tube,dummy plugs, and a bunch more you should do while in there. I just came back from a 9000km road trip pulling a 29 ft enclosed loaded with all kinds of stuff and ran 65/70 mph and it never blinked an eye, and I am running 37 tires on 6in lift and was a great trip. Run bully chip and no head studs done yet and just hit 215,000km. I think that I might have a injector going and will change that next. Good luck

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For your injector try a product called hotshot secret before you change it out. It is probably dirty due to stiction.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
$102.00 for tuner did egr delete and all i can say is holy ch!t it was lots of work, but also did oil cooler, turbo down tube,dummy plugs, and a bunch more you should do while in there. I just came back from a 9000km road trip pulling a 29 ft enclosed loaded with all kinds of stuff and ran 65/70 mph and it never blinked an eye, and i am running 37 tires on 6in lift and was a great trip. Run bully chip and no head studs done yet and just hit 215,000km. I think that i might have a injector going and will change that next. Good luck

sounds like it's working good now, eh??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree that if the tech knows what to look for all programmers leave a tell tail in the ECM that shows it hase been changed at some time. Seen this first hand.

Nope......... If you have it on performance for extended periods of time, there might be some telltale of certain readings going beyond the normal parameters, but on towing or economy mode, you won't have any trouble........ Just be sure to download the tune back into the tuner before any warranty work, because if they have to reflash the ecu, it will erase/damage the tune of the superchip that you downloaded into the truck

Top Bottom