Best tuner for 6.0L ford?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting my truck chipped, and I will be doing head stud kit and egr valve delete and straight piping it. What's everyone's thoughts on tuners for the 6.0L? I'm looking at an h&s but I haven't herd anything about the h&s on the 6.0l. I want something easy to use and something that will produce a fair bit of black smoke.

Thanks

Sent from a iPhone

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much you want to spend?
H&S or Edge.
SCT has some decent stuff for the 6 liter as well I believe.
Definetly do the headstuds and egr before you tune it.
As far as smoke you could get it to blot out the sun as it is now with a plastic bag 3/4 over the airfilter.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much you want to spend?
H&S or Edge.
SCT has some decent stuff for the 6 liter as well I believe.
Definetly do the headstuds and egr before you tune it.
As far as smoke you could get it to blot out the sun as it is now with a plastic bag 3/4 over the airfilter.

I'm not really too worried about price, but I don't want something that's stupid expensive.

How much are head studs installed? I was told around 6500$ and 1100$ for the egr delete

Sent from a iPhone

nd4spd

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting my truck chipped, and I will be doing head stud kit and egr valve delete and straight piping it. What's everyone's thoughts on tuners for the 6.0L? I'm looking at an h&s but I haven't herd anything about the h&s on the 6.0l. I want something easy to use and something that will produce a fair bit of black smoke.

Thanks

Sent from a iPhone

I use the H&S Minimax and its great but mine is on a dodge; I like being able to set all the different parameters and you can adjust for tire size and it has all the guages in it as well

chromed

Reaction score
I have a superchips tuner for a 6L ford sitting around. I sold the truck and still have the turner. $100 and it yours.

albertaman

Reaction score
I'm not really too worried about price, but I don't want something that's stupid expensive.

How much are head studs installed? I was told around 6500$ and 1100$ for the egr delete

Sent from a iPhone

that seems REALLY high, who gave the quote?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I have a superchips tuner for a 6L ford sitting around. I sold the truck and still have the turner. $100 and it yours.

that's a good deal.......... Carrots, you might consider doing this, as I had one in my '04 and on level 3 it was killer quick and great gas mileage..... I also pulled the catalytic convertor off...... the price is right, and you can determine if you need more or bigger chip later. Just my 2 cents. the superchips worked awesome on the 6.0l engines, and no need to watch egt's etc as they were self regulating, even in level 4........

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H&S mini maxx gets my vote. Great chip, mounts on the windshield for aux guages. You can also make custome tunes with it now. In some cases doing an EGR delete will pop up a check engine light. The H&S can take care of that. $1100.00 for an EGR delete is high. You can get a kit off ebay for $200.00 and do it yourself farely easy if your mechanically inclined. takes about 6 hrs.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those prices on the egregious and headstud seem quite high. I think paramount diesel in grander prairie will do it all for 5000.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally i wouldn't bother with the head studs unless you plan on running it chipped to the nines........ Wait til the head gaskets go, then change 'em out :)

I still got bumper to bumper warranty for another 50000k so what if I just run the chit out of it until the heads go then take it in to get fixed under warranty but get them to throw on the studs while it already apart? Lol

Sent from a iPhone

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still got bumper to bumper warranty for another 50000k so what if I just run the chit out of it until the heads go then take it in to get fixed under warranty but get them to throw on the studs while it already apart? Lol

Sent from a iPhone
yup pretty much

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They'll probably void your warranty because of the chip. If you have warranty on a 6.0L just unload it and get into something that isn't a ticking time bomb.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They'll probably void your warranty because of the chip. If you have warranty on a 6.0L just unload it and get into something that isn't a ticking time bomb.

Well I don't plan on chipping it until I put on the head studs and do a egr delete

Sent from a iPhone

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't plan on chipping it until I put on the head studs and do a egr delete

Sent from a iPhone
Those are just the tip of the iceberg on 6.0L issues. Still all the fuel system issues and those are band aids not fixes for the head problems. If you decide to do it anyway make sure you get your studs retorqued most guys don't cause it's expensive. In all honesty if you're 4g for studs and about another $1000 for a tuner installed you are closing in on the cost of a cummins swap and that would give you the best truck on the road imo.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If it was my truck, i'd buy that guys superchip for $100.00 and run it in fuel economy mode, or tow mode when pulling trailers/loads...... Download it back into the tuner if/when going in for warranty work. It's probably one of the best and simplest of the tuners to use, and it does make a big difference in performance/fuel economy, for a small price.

Top Bottom