Best places to ride and stay in Whistler area

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at making a trip out that way this year. Just wondering if anyone could provide a little info into some if the better places to stay. Also what are some of the riding areas and is there any maps for them? Where do you stage? Are the staging areas set up for a enclosed? Also if anyone from around the area or knows the area and wants to join or group that would be more than welcome. Looking at going Jan25 to feb1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandon1979

Reaction score
I grew up in this area, there are tons of places to ride. Such as Brohm Ridge, which is located 5 km from Squamish. You will see the sign just past Squamish on your way to Whistler on your right. There is also Rutherford Creek, Cougar Mountain, and the Hurly River road which is 30km past Pemberton which goes to bralorne and from there there isway more riding. If you get ahold of No Limits Motorsports they will lead you in right direction.
Brandon

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up in this area, there are tons of places to ride. Such as Brohm Ridge, which is located 5 km from Squamish. You will see the sign just past Squamish on your way to Whistler on your right. There is also Rutherford Creek, Cougar Mountain, and the Hurly River road which is 30km past Pemberton which goes to bralorne and from there there isway more riding. If you get ahold of No Limits Motorsports they will lead you in right direction.
Brandon

Awesome thanks. Any suggestions as to where we can stay and park our truck and trailer easily?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just spent a few days out there. 2 in Whistler riding with Chris Brown and a day in Squamish.

The Best Western in Squamish is very reasonably priced for the area and is a good place to operate from. The restaurant is great and breakfast was superb. As Brandon mentioned drop into No Limits in Squamish (right across from the Best Western) and get the low down.

hotwing

Reaction score
The Executive Suites in Squamish is really nice from what I hear. Lots of parking outside and room service if you don't wanna go out.
When my buddies from the states come up here thats where they stay. Around $100/night.

Best bet with a big trailer would be Brandywine/Powder Mtn, its about 25 -30 min up the road, massive parking lot and lots of terrain options.
Trail passes are $20/day or $150/year, $100 if you already got a BCSA membership with another club.

Powder Mountain Snowmobiling and Recreation Club

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also check out rutherford just before pemberton .. they also have a sizable lot for your trailer.

unfortunately you are limiting yourself a little hauling a huge trailer in this neck of the woods .. a lot of the great zones have little to no parking so a sled deck is the ticket around here !

That said, you'll need 1 full month of riding to explore all of brandywine and rutherford ;)

Rule of thumb here is: the farther north you go, the less precipitation, but colder and dryer the snow! Squamish area gets almost 2x as much as whistler area.. but it is warmer!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Brandywine. Its freakin huge and awesome. Parking lot fits 100-200 trucks so plenty of room for your trailer. I ve sledded most places around here and Brandywine continually blows my mind. Its so huge, you probably won't even see anyone. Bit different that Rutherford as you are doing more ascents and descents where Rutherford you are on the ice cap the whole time.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll give an update a little late. But we stayed right in Whistler at the Riverside Campground. Full cabins and we could park the trailer in an RV late right next to the cabins and plug it in each night. Was perfect cause there was a restaurant right there to go ear breakfast. Whistler is the place to stay for the nightlife!!!! Not gonna lie. There may have been a few nights that got a little sideways!! Restaurants in town were amazing. Went to Hys steakhouse the one night and may have been the best steak I've had!

As for riding. We rode Brandywine 2 times. Went into Chocolate bowl and one guy managed to put a sled into a creek 12ft down ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360697328.346649.jpg

Lol that's was a fun time getting it out. But it started on first pull! Gotta love the etec!!!

Rode Rainbow 2 days also. Now that is some nice tree riding. And we hooked up with some locals. And rode Sprout. Also a great area!!

One thing I would suggest. DO NOT go through Pemberton from Kamloops way with a 30ft trailer loaded with 5 sleds, 600L of fuel and loaded with everything else but the kitchen sink! Lol those climbs and switchbacks are insane!!!

Overall. Great trip!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom