Best Place to stay in Golden?

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what is considered to be a good place to stay in Golden. I haven't been out there for quite a few years. I see the Prestige has a sledder special rate. It's getting old now so just wondering if it is still okay. Used to be a lot of thefts occurring from there at one time. Is it still bad in Golden for thefts?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RIM is where a lot of sledders go. Nothing fancy, quite dated, but they have a restaurant right there.

I like the Super 8. Little newer and cleaner. 84$/night I think. Or was.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all stayed at the Glenogle Lodge for Mountain Mania 1. Loved it. We are planning a spring trip to Golden this year and will be staying there if possible.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rim is good enoughfor us usually. heaters work, big parking areas and $85/night tax in. plus, the restaurant has awesome grub. pricey, but well worth it.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the Ramada a couple years back. Nice place with Continental breakfast. We had a promotional room rate for an avy class so am not sure what the going rate is. Parking can be a little tight.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+1 for the golden rim in, the pub has great grub, get the chicken and ribs...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+2 for the Golden Rim...

its a bit out of town, but it has everything you need...pool, hot tub, great pub and great staff. Food is pricy but it saves you from driving around town and you can have a few wobbly pops after a long day and not worry about driving!

Farm_boy

Reaction score
Always stay at the Golden Rim every time we go, our liquor bill seems to always get larger than our food bill, so it's nice to be only a short walk to the room after supper.

If you are riding Silent pass, stay at the Timber Inn, have a great time everytime we stay there......

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always stay at the Golden Rim, the restaraunt/lounge(Canyons Edge), is great, like the guys said, short walk to the room. The rooms aren't great but they are clean, and good enough for what you need. They have a new pool, & hot tub. But I can't say enough about the staff, and food in the lounge.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to stay at the rim, now stay at the best western, rooms 89 for 2 beds and a fold out couch 3 guys $33 each. bigger rooms, cleaner, less noise, like it a lot better. Rim is sled friendly, guys repairing all hours of night, usually cats.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like staying at the rim but the restaurant is small and can be a bit of a wait to get in sometimes. Stayed at the Ramada for an avy course and it was OK.
The Sportsman is good - location, price, etc.
The people at the Super 8 are great! Last time we stayed there they came out to the parking lot and took our gear and threw it in the dryer for us. I like the fact that it's easy to get to different restaurants. The Grizzly is an awesome place to eat.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just got back two weeks ago stayed with Lush accom. it was absolutely amazing. Stag's hallow, huge house, hot tub, pool table, fire place .. could sleep 15 people! lol

it was great, def will be going back with them if they have availability!

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden Rim has been great for me, they even gave me the "snowmobilers discount" in the middle of summer when I came through on the motorcycle.
The new pool and hot tub are very nice, even a waterslide if thats what your into.
That is where I will stay this winter if I make it out there.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have always atayed at the Prestige
they have done some renos i think - looked pretty modern in there to me

the food in the lounge downstairs is wicked

sledders discount ($99 was the price last year - for 2 adults w 2 queen beds)
comfortable room w good heaters and 42" plasma's in the rooms

cant complain!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the Rim quite a few times. It's usually pretty good service in the restaurant and the bar. Lately we've been staying at the Park Inn (). The rooms are decent and clean, there's a hot tub and lots of parking. For $57 per night taxes included you can't go wrong in my opinion. Plus there's decent food at the BBQ joint in the front too, although they don't open for Breakfast on Sundays.

Top Bottom