Best Motel\Hotel

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at most of them in the Pass. They all got there goods and bads. Go that extra 40 mins to Fernie and stay at the Stanfard Inn. Great hotel stayed there for work and they are sled friendly.:d

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i stay in fernie about 12-14 days a year riding, we now stay at the park place, stanford is great but rates are high, parkplace, has good parking, great resturant, bar attached liquer store attached and is waking distance to several resurants. across from esso, i think esso is still the only premium gas, thats fresh and they give us a great rate, if you can stay on the second floor, much better rooms, bigger.
great place to ride
giddyup

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i stay in fernie about 12-14 days a year riding, we now stay at the park place, stanford is great but rates are high, parkplace, has good parking, great resturant, bar attached liquer store attached and is waking distance to several resurants. across from esso, i think esso is still the only premium gas, thats fresh and they give us a great rate, if you can stay on the second floor, much better rooms, bigger.
great place to ride
giddyup

Good insight my man! Just an update; the Esso is closed and a soon to be opened FasGas in it's place. Maybe you should look into Fernie CardLock for your premium; dyed purple premium for under a dollar/liter

We are doing our first packing run on Friday! I'm like a kid with 2 more sleeps to go.....

Alfred

Reaction score
Orrin,

Neil and myself want to scratch that awful itch we have. We are leaving Saturday morning early and want to go to Corbin on Saturday and Atlas on Sunday! You interested in coming? If so let me know and I will book the rooms.:d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orrin,

Neil and myself want to scratch that awful itch we have. We are leaving Saturday morning early and want to go to Corbin on Saturday and Atlas on Sunday! You interested in coming? If so let me know and I will book the rooms.:d

I'm heading to Golden for the AST field course on Sunday, I may be able to make Corbin in Sat though. I'll check and get back to you.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Here is a list for the PASS of Motels with parking.

INN on the border
- No Restaurant or bar, bring your own food and booze.
- Great access to trails ( Corbin/Tent)

BCMI Blairmore
-Restaurant
-Bar /Lounge With Lots of TV's Cater to Sledders with specials on food.

BCMI Coleman
_ Restaurant accross street as well as a Gas station and Subway Too

Stop Inn Coleman
- Cheapest accomodations/Nice people
-7 Eleven accross the street and Popeil's Restaurant
- Rum Runner 2 Blocks West

Their ya go!!!!:)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is the first packing trip? I assume a trip to Wranglers??

Basically, we run the SnowCat and a packer bar to set the trail with regards to width. This establishes a base much like sledding and defines the berm on the side so that we know where the ditches, etc are.

We do not pull the mogul master (initially) and groom with the blade. The groom doesn't last like the mogul master but it just something that has to be done.

All the previous posts about Morrissey and McEvoy being plowed for logging are true. We will not be able to groom to the Wrangler's cabin until Tembec is finished logging. We are hoping to mark a trail through the Rolling Hills to the Wrangler's cabin that will not inconvenience the loggers and provide safety for both sledders and loggers.

The plan is to groom to the top of Coal Summit only (not down to Morrissey), and then on the way back we plan to start grooming the Marten Creek area. We don't know how far we'll get but we are thinking eventually right to the yellow gates.

Check out FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM for grooming reports and snow conditions as seen from the eyes of the groomer operators.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inn on the border.

I second this! Sled right from your cabin front door! Security is great, usually fuel for sale on site, talk to the Owner's Curtis & Verlee, great peeps :) Special on cabins right now too $150 a night/BBqs at your door, great place, and they have a lounge inside with big screen, wireless internet, and a huge hot tub out back. They also rent Avy gear daily too. Curtis and his son also offer guiding in the area as well... I'll be heading down their to ride soon. Crowsnest/Fernie, Golden/Revy are some great areas to ride. No worry about theft at

Maclintock

Reaction score
Is their lounge actually open this year?????? Cause it wasn't last year all the time.
They are great people, but if the lounge is not open and no food you have to cook your own.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is their lounge actually open this year?????? Cause it wasn't last year all the time.
They are great people, but if the lounge is not open and no food you have to cook your own.

Hey the lounge is open for drinking only as the owners have closed the restaurant portion, but you can drink and watch the big screen. Not sure if their licensed, it's like having guests over for beers atmosphere, super nice family they are :) You cook your own food in the fully equipped cabins! We brought our women last time we all went there, and the women were impressed with the cooking arrangements and facilities :)

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a list for the PASS of Motels with parking.

INN on the border
- No Restaurant or bar, bring your own food and booze.
- Great access to trails ( Corbin/Tent)

BCMI Blairmore
-Restaurant
-Bar /Lounge With Lots of TV's Cater to Sledders with specials on food.

BCMI Coleman
_ Restaurant accross street as well as a Gas station and Subway Too

Stop Inn Coleman
- Cheapest accomodations/Nice people
-7 Eleven accross the street and Popeil's Restaurant
- Rum Runner 2 Blocks West

Their ya go!!!!:)

We always stay at the Highwood Inn in Blairmore. The rooms are very clean, new beds, showers that work and the owners are very friendly. We have had problems with rooms at the BCMI in Blairmore. Unfortunately their restaurant isn't open right now but it's only 2 blocks to the BCMI in Blairmore to eat at Rusty's.

Best breakfast in the area is Chris's in Coleman (main drag in lower part).

Best pizza to go is Vinny's, main drag Blairmore. 2 large pizzas, 12 wings and 2l pop for like 40 bucks.

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have stayed at the BCMI in Coleman..it's good...clean rooms. We used to stay at the Stop Inn when Pat and her hubby ran it but he passed away 2 years ago and they got new managers and haven't stayed there since...no particular reason. We have been staying at the Inn on the Border lately. I take my crockpot and throw something in before we go and it is ready by the time we get back. We are already booked for Christmas break!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I love love love the pizza at Popiel's with the sauerkraut on it. I try to avoid that place though...we have had some really crappy service there. I usually will get the pizza for take out though.

Top Bottom