Best lock to secure SXS???

MHC73

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm looking for a very good lock-chain or cable to secure my toys. I'm having a hard time finding something I want to spend my cash on... I also need a length of 15' to 30' and a covering so I don't damage rims and body work. Any ideas? I also realize mostly anything can be cut with the right gear but something to deter honest thieves....Thx

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No , the pipe , it only needs to be 5or 6 inchs long ...Glock make a nice lock.......

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really fit your needs in length but i use a cable lock that is about 5ft long and 1/2" diameter with an alarm system on the end of it. When the 2 ends meet its armed any movement and plug your ears...friggin loud. Use it all the time, its cureently holding down my precious boat. Not sure the name but my brother gave it to me and i believe he got it from Martin Farm Eq.

Puffer99

Reaction score
I have been using one of these cables for a few years now. Still have my toys so it must work. LOL

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An electrical master switch would be a good idea for a SXS, they're pretty hard to move around by hand so the bastards would have to start it somehow. Anything you can do to make it harder for them.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An electrical master switch would be a good idea for a SXS, they're pretty hard to move around by hand so the bastards would have to start it somehow. Anything you can do to make it harder for them.

That's actually not a bad idea. It's not that hard to install a battery shut off switch. It could be installed in an inconspicuous location.

snitter

Reaction score
Just wondering Puffer99 did you purchase your alarm on line or did you find a dealer in Alberta?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Good idea on the alarm cable!! I just take the key out. I also have 12 gauges worth of protection.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using one of these cables for a few years now. Still have my toys so it must work. LOL

Mine is a different brand but the same idea as you have posted....and mine has worked very well. While on holidays last year we went to town for grocerys, somebody walking by bumped my empty boat trailer and the alarm went off, they used half a roll of duct tape to try and dampin the noise til we returned:d Did its job i guess!!!!

Puffer99

Reaction score
Mine is a different brand but the same idea as you have posted....and mine has worked very well. While on holidays last year we went to town for grocerys, somebody walking by bumped my empty boat trailer and the alarm went off, they used half a roll of duct tape to try and dampin the noise til we returned:d Did its job i guess!!!!

Mine has a wire run through the cable, the alarm goes off if the cable gets cut. Bumping it won't set this one off.

Top Bottom