Theft Deterrent

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy from Sask, that has bought 2 of UniversalBoot Inc. version of "The Denver Boot", one for the truck, one for the trailor. Claims that an RCMP officer told him, "Visual detterent, is your best chance, they won't waste time on something they know is protected well, when so many aren't protected at all"

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding in boulder june 24 -29 th. a friend of mine had the best theft protection you could get . we drove an old 85ish blaser with a trailor , left all or gear on the back of trailor . fuel, cooler, and spare sled nothing locked ... oh..... did i mention the big bowl of dog food for the rotty :d

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding in boulder june 24 -29 th. a friend of mine had the best theft protection you could get . we drove an old 85ish blaser with a trailor , left all or gear on the back of trailor . fuel, cooler, and spare sled nothing locked ... oh..... did i mention the big bowl of dog food for the rotty :d

As sick as it is, there are alot of people effin with guard dogs now too. It wasn't more than a couple of months ago that someone posted that Cochrane polaris dealer was broken into, and they somehow beat the shizz out of the dogs in the process

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and that right there is where is where it should be an eye for and eye....if one catches'em....do the same and use a bat on'em!

bspot

Reaction score
FICM fuse ( fuel injector control module ) truck will not start with this fuse removed under the hood. If you want to be real good, intentionaly blow a fuse then put it in it's place so if the thieves do happen to look they will not see a missing fuse.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tested a few locks with a set of bolt cutters, cut like butter, cable also. real easy no trouble. if they don't cut the locks they can go through the side of the trailer eazy peazy. not sure what a hardened shackle means.

trailer door hardware is rather weak also, not sure what will work other than Smith and Wesson.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as tracking goes if you don't have onstar. Compustar has a device called drone. It's a system you cAn start stop unlock lock ect with your IPhone and it also has real time gps tracking of the vehicle. So you can pin point whee it is. I called for a price. Unit is 350 and 50 to Install of you already have a Compustar pro system hooked up. I know what I'm buying.

We always back into a snow bank to secure sleds or back our trailers into each other. I like the fuse pulling technique until I hit my command start from my room and my truck doesn't start. Lol. Like mentioned above if they want it they will take it. Locks only keep the honest people out. And also about the insurance comment. It's a given you will be insured but anyone who has been through a claim knows dam well it ain't cool. 9 times out of 10 you end up loosing money. It's a piss off.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Had a frozen lock on the weekend, buddy is a contractor so he had bolt cutters.
1, 2, 3 and he was done.
Locks are barely a deterrent these days, I'm looking for better locks this weekend...locksmith, no more CTire.

Attachments

• FtSk.Steal Sled.jpg
    FtSk.Steal Sled.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 85

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

after reading this, looks like not much will stop a pro thief. gm guys put a lot of faith in onstar. looks yo easy to bypass, kick the antenna off=gone.
anything with a remote start looks easy to bypass. steering club= cut steering wheel and gone. wheel boot looks the best but with a grinder it will also be gone. the average thief may be persuaded to look for an easy mark, have no idea, other than elimiate the enemy one at a time. hmm depressing.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the same thing last week, what an eye opener, need the shackle large enough that bolt cutters will not grab 1/2 inch or so. u-tube guy cut the boron stuff easily, i think it was 3/8 shackle. i'm thinking the puck style locks may be harder to cut? and provide some protection to lock hasp.:confused:

Top Bottom