Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a EarthX it goes dead in about a month if I don't use it

Just charge it up and it works fine

how many times I can doo this who know :confused:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Earth X in all of my toys and have no complaints. In the cold overnight you just give it a short crank, wait 30 seconds for it to cycle and the battery will warm up and fire then not miss a beat all day.

Ethan at EB Speed in Calgary can get them.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few AntiGravity Batteries to guys with sleds. I find they are a little more forgiving than the Ballistic lithium batteries. They are very small and light. They are not cheap though.

I have a Micro Start, which is made my AntiGravity Batteries and it's a small boost pack, the size of my iPhone 6 +. I used it to boost my 6.2L Denali last winter at ~- 35c. When my starter wouldn't even try to turn over, this little thing fired it up instantly. So simply due to my experience with the brand, I'd lean that way vs the Ballistic.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy one last year. I placed the order online. 3o mins later guy from Earth X phoned me and asked where I lived. Told him Alberta so he then said I would need to use a different battery then the one I selected as per colder temps. I also would require special charger. Price now almost $500 USD with 1 year limited warranty. No thanks.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy one last year. I placed the order online. 3o mins later guy from Earth X phoned me and asked where I lived. Told him Alberta so he then said I would need to use a different battery then the one I selected as per colder temps. I also would require special charger. Price now almost $500 USD with 1 year limited warranty. No thanks.

With a sled that has a backup rope you don't need to worry about that and can get away with the normal size battery. If you don't have a backup i can see them saying you need the really big one but honestly i have never had an issue with mine and it is the smaller unit. No special charger required with an Earth X, that was the big sell on them versus the others is that they have a microprocessor inside that manages the charging rather than having to use a charger that manages the cells.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Shorai Lithium battery last year, and it weighs less than 4lbs, but it had some issues. On cold days I was having troubles when the battery was too cold to turn my sled over. My fix was to add a simple LED toggle switch hooked directly up to it, and now when it is cold I flip the switch and the battery warms itself up just by lighting up the LED. Now, even on the coldest days I rode last year, within 3-5minutes the sled will fire right up. Of course this is just when it starts in the morning, all day it fires up again no problem. I probably wouldn't buy the same battery again, but it works.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Shorai Lithium battery last year, and it weighs less than 4lbs, but it had some issues. On cold days I was having troubles when the battery was too cold to turn my sled over. My fix was to add a simple LED toggle switch hooked directly up to it, and now when it is cold I flip the switch and the battery warms itself up just by lighting up the LED. Now, even on the coldest days I rode last year, within 3-5minutes the sled will fire right up. Of course this is just when it starts in the morning, all day it fires up again no problem. I probably wouldn't buy the same battery again, but it works.

Great idea with the LED! Going to steal that one for sure!

Top Bottom