Best Can for 2016 M8000

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full slp pipe system on my 09 m8 with ported cylinders and shaved head. I had brent linderman tune it with boondocker box for me to ride around valemount (6-8000ft). When i ride home in fort mac (less than 1000ft) i run straight 108 octane and keep my eye on the egt gauge. Been doing that for 4 years now with no problems.

Talk to brent linderman. He will steer you in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I am guessing you have never tried it your self.....so speaking from 1st hand experience and not hear-say, the truth of the matter is it does not make the sled run like garbage. The combo setup added noticeable HP onto the 800 engine without adding a tuner which is what I liked about it.

Off the line, it pulled much harder than stock...My 162 would walk away from my son's stock 153 M8000. But at mid range there was a bit of a hesitant bog that bothered me. After speaking to Brandon at TSS he told me they are tuned for higher altitudes and not so much for flat land riding which is the majority of mine at this time. The bottom end torque and top end power was awesome....mid range ...a bit of a delay/hesitation in response to the throttle. Brandon promised me that if I took it to the hills, the mid range clears up. So I have 1 afternoon of riding on it....approx. 30 miles....and its back in original box.

If someone wants it, its available, if not...no big deal. When I removed it, I couldn't get the exhaust sensor out and ended up ruining the sensor threads as well as the bung that it screws into.....:mad:. TSS sent me a new bung....I have not got it tacked on yet.

View attachment 189760

I think he was talking about just that can not the full pipe kit. I don't have any first hand experience with them on a cat, but I do on ski doo 800 and the cans made then run like garbage! The 800 ptec was the worst. And the 13 etec was really bad to those where both tunnel dump cans. I know another guys with that full pipe on a t3 and it works good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much any of the well known companies cans will work fine and drop a bunch of weight for ya. I ran Jaws with no issues on my '12 and my '14; but I am now running an SLP can simply cause I am getting too old to be running a can loud enough that my wife can hear me climbing in Renshaw when she is at home in Grande Cache 40 miles away. :beer:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I am guessing you have never tried it your self.....so speaking from 1st hand experience and not hear-say, the truth of the matter is it does not make the sled run like garbage. The combo setup added noticeable HP onto the 800 engine without adding a tuner which is what I liked about it.

Off the line, it pulled much harder than stock...My 162 would walk away from my son's stock 153 M8000. But at mid range there was a bit of a hesitant bog that bothered me. After speaking to Brandon at TSS he told me they are tuned for higher altitudes and not so much for flat land riding which is the majority of mine at this time. The bottom end torque and top end power was awesome....mid range ...a bit of a delay/hesitation in response to the throttle. Brandon promised me that if I took it to the hills, the mid range clears up. So I have 1 afternoon of riding on it....approx. 30 miles....and its back in original box.

If someone wants it, its available, if not...no big deal. When I removed it, I couldn't get the exhaust sensor out and ended up ruining the sensor threads as well as the bung that it screws into.....:mad:. TSS sent me a new bung....I have not got it tacked on yet.

View attachment 189760

I'm talking about just the can. My local dealer promoted TSS big time last year. They had a lot of issues with TSS and won't be doing that again.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about just the can. My local dealer promoted TSS big time last year. They had a lot of issues with TSS and won't be doing that again.

no problem...I didn't run just the can. For just extra noise, I run a Jaws can.

I bought the TSS pipe & can combo setup because I wanted more power and I did not want to mess around with a fuel controller. It truly delivered a noticeable improvement in power. Off the line....wow.....hang on, cuz it pulls.....at full throttle, no issues...nice smooth acceleration...and has a nice, unique sound....... but it just seemed to run rich at mid throttle, so when you are playing around on a trail or meadow at mid range rpm's, it doesn't react as quick as I like. TSS says "not an issue at higher altitudes...not much I can help you with at lower elevations....maybe try a clutch kit". I just removed it, put it back in the box and put my stock pipe with the Jaws can back on.....

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also considered a full pipe setup (likely SLP, but also open to opinions) , but I'm nervous about dealing with the PCV and getting all the proper maps. Everything I read it seems like no one has ever gotten a map dialled in?

Also, with the Speedwerx pipes it says tuned for 0-5000 ft and tuned for 5001+ . I do a lot of riding around home (2200ft) but where I ride in the mountains I'm usually between 5 and 7500 feet. If a guy were to get the one over the other would you notice significant performance loss when you are outside of tuned altitude range?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to modding these things.

Thanks!
I am running a Jaws setup that works good, there is a noticable difference in power. I bought it locally with the programer all ready set up from Linderman, it was really install and go. The Jaws pipe is not set up for low elevation either but basically it you dont hold it wide open for long runs you wont have issues i havent. Over 3000 ft to the bar all day no issues. You lose 20 lbs and gain 12 hp [so says jaws] if you want more info pm me,

AltaCycle

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Just ran across this thread and I use Bikeman with no issue. There under $350 ceramic coated too! Haven't put it on dyno see if there huge difference but losing all the wait makes me think I'm going faster. It's like waxing your car and going out on the Road. Lol
I find proper clutching and the can makes the real difference from my experience.

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
there is actually a science to putting on a can. you probably know about how they lose hp right? Might want to give this a read.

For a simpler reply don't rule out bikeman performance. they have a quieter but heaver can, and a super light but louder can. both are lighter then OEM

northof40

Reaction score
Diamond S, There is actual dyno proof for HP gain and they are one of the lightest out there. Titanium with baffles instead of packing so it wont get louder like the HPS eventually does. I have a HPS and like it but would go Diamond S next time for sure.

Motomonks

Reaction score
Ive got the lightweight loud bikeman ceramic can, 14' m8000, love the sound at idle and WOT, throaty and loud! (Resonates bad at low rpm its actually quite annoying)
dont get this can if you don't want it really loud
side note, no idea if it has anything to do with the can (although i suspect) i randomly get bad bogs 50-100% throttle. Could be unrelated but im not ruling it out.

i would be extremely surprised if you could notice any performance from changing the can (other than weight) so I wouldn't waste much time in looking to which can adds more power. Just my $0.02

the next time i do any exhaust mods i will research more on what can/exhaust system
A. Drops weight
B. Compliments engine (reliability, "tuned for stock motor" or best performs in reducing engine bay heat)
C. Noise (some like quiet some like loud, personally, i like loud lol)

hope you find a can you like

oh- and to make your life easier, completely remove the hood to remove/install cans, your knuckles will appreciate it.

joe-bert

Reaction score
Much Appreciated! I think I'm just going to ride it as is this winter (the wife is already ready to kill me just for buying it!)

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the evo powersports bullet can from white knuckle. They had 2 in stock so it should be here by the weekend. Website says it weighs less than 4lbs and is all stainless. I will post a video when i get it put on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Imstuckagain

Reaction score
I got the evo can the end of last season. Had a couple rides with it. You're gonna like it! Heading out to revy in a few days, I'll post a couple videos when I get back.

Top Bottom