Best Can for 2016 M8000

joe-bert

Reaction score
Hey, just picked up a 2016 M8000 limited 153. I was looking around and can't get over the unnecessary size of the can! Anyone have experience with what the best can is performance wise on these 800's?

Thanks!
Joe

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Hey, just picked up a 2016 M8000 limited 153. I was looking around and can't get over the unnecessary size of the can! Anyone have experience with what the best can is performance wise on these 800's?

Thanks!
Joe

Definitely HPS! Sound amazing, AND come ceramic coated. Keeps the heat down. Wanna buy one? :D

joe-bert

Reaction score
How loud are they? I don't want my ears ringing from driving it up into the truck. Some of these cans are ridiculous how loud they can be!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How loud are they? I don't want my ears ringing from driving it up into the truck. Some of these cans are ridiculous how loud they can be!
If you want a can that is close to stock noise levels, go with SLP.

joe-bert

Reaction score
That's not necessarily a bad Idea... Lots to think about. Which of these would you guys say is best performance wise?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard good things about the evolution motorsports bullet can. I think thats the one im going to put on mine.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would be hard pressed to notice any performance loss or gain. if you dont notice any loss thats good as you just dropped 15lbs or more of weight. my thing cooker i dotn notice any loss of power or anything like that

joe-bert

Reaction score
I've also considered a full pipe setup (likely SLP, but also open to opinions) , but I'm nervous about dealing with the PCV and getting all the proper maps. Everything I read it seems like no one has ever gotten a map dialled in?

Also, with the Speedwerx pipes it says tuned for 0-5000 ft and tuned for 5001+ . I do a lot of riding around home (2200ft) but where I ride in the mountains I'm usually between 5 and 7500 feet. If a guy were to get the one over the other would you notice significant performance loss when you are outside of tuned altitude range?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to modding these things.

Thanks!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also considered a full pipe setup (likely SLP, but also open to opinions) , but I'm nervous about dealing with the PCV and getting all the proper maps. Everything I read it seems like no one has ever gotten a map dialled in?

Also, with the Speedwerx pipes it says tuned for 0-5000 ft and tuned for 5001+ . I do a lot of riding around home (2200ft) but where I ride in the mountains I'm usually between 5 and 7500 feet. If a guy were to get the one over the other would you notice significant performance loss when you are outside of tuned altitude range?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to modding these things.

Thanks!

The TSS pipe & can combo claims to increase power by a few horses....its designed for use without a controller.....tuned for mountain riding. I have one if you want....like new maybe has 35 miles on it.....mine is also ceramic coated

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They actually caused a lot of sleds to run like garbage.

Well, I am guessing you have never tried it your self.....so speaking from 1st hand experience and not hear-say, the truth of the matter is it does not make the sled run like garbage. The combo setup added noticeable HP onto the 800 engine without adding a tuner which is what I liked about it.

Off the line, it pulled much harder than stock...My 162 would walk away from my son's stock 153 M8000. But at mid range there was a bit of a hesitant bog that bothered me. After speaking to Brandon at TSS he told me they are tuned for higher altitudes and not so much for flat land riding which is the majority of mine at this time. The bottom end torque and top end power was awesome....mid range ...a bit of a delay/hesitation in response to the throttle. Brandon promised me that if I took it to the hills, the mid range clears up. So I have 1 afternoon of riding on it....approx. 30 miles....and its back in original box.

If someone wants it, its available, if not...no big deal. When I removed it, I couldn't get the exhaust sensor out and ended up ruining the sensor threads as well as the bung that it screws into.....:mad:. TSS sent me a new bung....I have not got it tacked on yet.

TSS combo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom